EB-3 retrogression please help

ellimac

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, it states on the shusterman.com website
"In early 2005, the CIS approved over 20,000 EB adjustments monthly. This number increased to 30,000 per month in the spring. As a result the EB-3 category ran out of numbers and became "unavailable" starting on July 1, 2005, not just for some persons, but for everyone. This means that if you are in the EB-3 category, you can not apply for permanent residence until October 1st at the earliest. If your EB-3 adjustment application is currently pending, you will not be receiving your green card this summer."
My question is will there be a visa number/green card available for me anytime soon since my lawyer upon knowing this quickly submitted my (and everyones cases they were working on) I140 and I485 to NY DOL at the end of June before the July 1 deadline they also had us all do biometrics? Your responses will be appreciated.
PD:4-2001

ellimac said:
Hi all, it states on the shusterman.com website
"In early 2005, the CIS approved over 20,000 EB adjustments monthly. This number increased to 30,000 per month in the spring. As a result the EB-3 category ran out of numbers and became "unavailable" starting on July 1, 2005, not just for some persons, but for everyone. This means that if you are in the EB-3 category, you can not apply for permanent residence until October 1st at the earliest. If your EB-3 adjustment application is currently pending, you will not be receiving your green card this summer."
My question is will there be a visa number/green card available for me anytime soon since my lawyer upon knowing this quickly submitted my (and everyones cases they were working on) I140 and I485 to NY DOL at the end of June before the July 1 deadline they also had us all do biometrics? Your responses will be appreciated.
PD:4-2001
Hi Ellimac,
As per my understanding, I-140 and 485 applications are filed to USCIS and not to DOL. The LC is filed to the DOL. Can you verify that your lawyer did indeed submit your 140 and 485?
Where did you do your Biometrics and did you get a notification from USCIS to do so?

Hi ERICS, you are right my mistake I140, I1485 were sent to USCIS not DOL. My lawyer sent everyone to doctor to get blood tests done in NJ before the EB-3 retogression starts July 1. I do not personally receive anything from USCIS everything goes to the lawyer so I don't know if there was a notification from USCIS to do so. Any idea if there will be visa # available since we submitted before EB-3 retogression starts.

ellimac said:
Hi ERICS, you are right my mistake I140, I1485 were sent to USCIS not DOL. My lawyer sent everyone to doctor to get blood tests done in NJ before the EB-3 retogression starts July 1.
FYI: that was medicals for 485 and not Biometrics. Biometrics is something related to FP, search on this forum and you will find information on it.
I do not personally receive anything from USCIS everything goes to the lawyer so I don't know if there was a notification from USCIS to do so.
You do not need notification from USCIS for 485 Medicals.
Any idea if there will be visa # available since we submitted before EB-3 retogression starts.
Submitting 485 on time does not gurantee that visa# will be available. Read on this forum how Priority dates work, you will see more details.

Thanks for clarifying the difference between medicals and biometrics because I did not know. I was just hoping that since we handed in I140 and I1485 before retrogression starts that I can get green card by the end of this year since I have a really old priorty dated (4-2001).

ellimac said:
Thanks for clarifying the difference between medicals and biometrics because I did not know. I was just hoping that since we handed in I140 and I1485 before retrogression starts that I can get green card by the end of this year since I have a really old priorty dated (4-2001).
If you have such an old PD, you may still get your GC approved by end of this year or early next year. It depends on what PD is published for EB3 in Oct 2005 when new year begins for USCIS/Dept of State.