EB-3 Relief

gc_vsc

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I just saw this on aila.org

3. EB-3 Relief: By unanimous consent, the Senate also passed a measure sponsored by Senators Schumer (D-NY), Hutchison (R-TX) and Kennedy (D-MA) that would recapture EB -3 numbers lost from FY 2001-2004 due to processing delays. 50% of these numbers would be allocated to Schedule A occupations.

Both the H-2B relief bill and the EB-3 relief provisions will now be included in the Senate version of the supplemental appropriations bill. However, since neither of these measures was included in the House-passed supplemental, they will be discussed when House and Senate conferees meet to resolve differences between the two bills. In both cases, AILA will urge the House to recede to the Senate on both the H-2B bill and EB-3 relief.

Not sure if this will bring any relief for those affected by retrogression.

gc_vsc

Sounds like a good news

I just saw this news on aila.org and was posting this news and saw your msg. I guess it sounds like a very good news for those whose case is affected by retrogress.

http://www.aila.org/contentViewer.aspx?bc=10,911,6717,9243

This news could also bee seen in http://www.shusterman.com/.... there are 130,000 numbers allocated to EB3 Category by this...

Please visit the above url and provide some expert comments what would this means to ppl. affected with retrogress.....

-SafeNH

Last edited by a moderator:
"50% of these numbers would be allocated to Schedule A occupations."

what occupations are included in Schedule A. Anybody here has an idea about it ?

Does this mean that in June bulletin, there is a possibility of Dates moving substantially forward? or am I just kind of starting to build castle in air.. :confused:

Too early to celebrate. The bill has to be passed and has to be signed by president. It should take couple of months to implement I guess.

gceeker05 said:
Does this mean that in June bulletin, there is a possibility of Dates moving substantially forward? or am I just kind of starting to build castle in air.. :confused:

Heartening news

I wonder how far the PD will move with apparent 65,000 visa numbers. I guess 1 - 1/2 years.

Memphian said:
I wonder how far the PD will move with apparent 65,000 visa numbers. I guess 1 - 1/2 years.

but it will first go to Nurses and other people as per Schedule A ..
for IT people dont know how many they allot visa numbers..

zamq said:
but it will first go to Nurses and other people as per Schedule A ..
for IT people dont know how many they allot visa numbers..

Correct me if i am wrong but my understanding is, 65000 more numbers for others (excluding Schedule A occupation) is sufficient enough for the PD to be current right away. It all depends how fast this is actually implemented..
This surely is a welcome news for those who have been affected by retrogression..

Last edited by a moderator:
As per chutterman site ( I mean shusterman site), the president is likely to sign it in the first week of May.

Doston pray karo ki president sign kar de....nahin to apni waat lagne wali hai...

LOLITTA (OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU)
Shakti

:)

Shakti Kapoor said:
As per chutterman site ( I mean shusterman site), the president is likely to sign it in the first week of May.

Doston pray karo ki president sign kar de....nahin to apni waat lagne wali hai...

LOLITTA (OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU)
Shakti

Shaktibhai...

Good to see you in your usual estyle..

:)

Shit these guys why scheduler A when there are lot of professional in eb3 on big line...........

Not sure this will help for computer professionals.....

The praposed senate version of the bill says 50% is reserved for Schedule A and the remaining will be for everybody out of 130000 unused visas.

Definitely computer professionals will be benificial if the senate version of the bill is passed.

dbwr said:
Shit these guys why scheduler A when there are lot of professional in eb3 on big line...........

dbwr said:

..then who would clean up your shit in hospital?

good news /bad news

good news is , with 65000 visa numbers, the PD will probably become current, say in MAY/June timeframe.

bad news is , since a ton off apps would be eligible for processing, current processing times may be held up for a long long time. That probably will affect late filers I suppose ( even with a early PD).

pick ur poison