EB-3 & Concurrent Filing ???

p_char

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,
My Labor got approved sometime in Oct. 1stwk of 2005, with June 03 Priority Date. Even though I had masters and experience of around 8yrs, my case was filed under EB3 category. And now I am about to file 140/485.
So any GURU can please let me know, whether I could use concurrent filing or not ?
Even though I am in EB3, I heard that with EB3 and 5+yrs of experience u could file Concurrently...but not sure.... and any other pros and cons .
Thanking you in advance..

p_char said:
Hi gurus,
My Labor got approved sometime in Oct. 1stwk of 2005, with June 03 Priority Date. Even though I had masters and experience of around 8yrs, my case was filed under EB3 category. And now I am about to file 140/485.
So any GURU can please let me know, whether I could use concurrent filing or not ?
Even though I am in EB3, I heard that with EB3 and 5+yrs of experience u could file Concurrently...but not sure.... and any other pros and cons .
Thanking you in advance..

June 03 for EB3 is NOT CURRENT YET. YOU CAN NOT FILE I485.
IF YOU TRY TO PASS USCIS BY FILLING EB2 WITH EB3 LC, THEY MIGHT ACCEPT YOUR APPLICATION NOW SINCE THE PERSON WHO ENTERS INTO THE SYSTEM DOES NOT LOOK FOR ALL DOCUMENT (ONLY THE FORM). BUT, THEY WILL DENY ALL OF YOUR APPLICATIONS 6 MONTHS FROM NOW WHEN THEY START WORKING ON YOUR I140.
Pros: happy now :)
Cons: worry later :(

p_char

If the job described in your LC requires a qualification that falls under EB3, then you have to file I-140 in EB3, regardless of your EB2-compatible qualification. Considering the fact that your PD is not current for EB3 category, you can not file concurrently. You can of course file I-140 and get approved in a short period (mine took only 3 weeks). After that, wait for your PD to be current.

Hi newbies and TXasian ,
Thanks for your valuable prompt responses.. really appreciate that.
I will go ahead and just file my 140 and see how it goes...
As I am inexperienced in these issues, if you know, what date is current for EB3 or rather what is the possibility of June 03 Priority Date in becoming current in near future?
Thanks again...and wish you all the best in your gc voyage...

p_char said:
Hi newbies and TXasian ,
Thanks for your valuable prompt responses.. really appreciate that.
I will go ahead and just file my 140 and see how it goes...
As I am inexperienced in these issues, if you know, what date is current for EB3 or rather what is the possibility of June 03 Priority Date in becoming current in near future?
Thanks again...and wish you all the best in your gc voyage...

Go to http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html and click Current Bulletin.
If this link doesnt work, go to http://travel.state.gov/
click on Visas (tab), Visa Bulletin (on the left) then Current Bulletin.

Find the second chart and third row (3rd) for EB3. Find your country and current processing date.

I am EB3 and Other countries and my PD is Jan/2003. So I'd expect mine to be current, given the pace the date is moving, sometimes in 15-18 months. (Now I'm upset again .. still that long!!) :(

Good luck!