EB-2 Retrogression Probable in Sept 2005 (for India & China)

gp111

Registered Users (C)
EB-2 is current in August 2005 Bulletin but may retrogress for China & India in Sept 2005

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2573.html

EMPLOYMENT VISA AVAILABILITY FOR THE REMAINDER OF FY-2005

Demand for numbers by CIS Offices for adjustment of status cases remains very high. As the end of the fiscal year approaches, it might be necessary to establish an Employment Second preference cut-off date for September to keep visa issuances within the annual numerical limits set by law. If required, such a cut-off date is likely to be limited to the China-mainland born and India chargeability areas.

That would be really really sad if they do it.

That would be really really sad if they do it. I will be the first person leaving this country if they take more time to actually get their numbers back !!
-Sonpapdi

EB-2 Retrogression - Sept 2005

Please see my signature, my Labor PD is 15-May-2003, ND/RD is Nov 2004 for I-140 and I-485 (EB-2), and I-140 is not approved yet.

What will be the impact on my case if EB-2 Retrogression in Sep 2005. Thanks

srika65 said:
Please see my signature, my Labor PD is 15-May-2003, ND/RD is Nov 2004 for I-140 and I-485 (EB-2), and I-140 is not approved yet.

What will be the impact on my case if EB-2 Retrogression in Sep 2005. Thanks
You're worrying way too much :)
Some things are beyond your control.

If and when EB2 retrogression hits, we'll know the real impact.
Maybe PDs would go back only 6 months - maybe 3 years - no one knows for sure.

Just enjoy life while you can :D

Not sure

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by retrogression being just for september ? Once EB2 retrogressed, doesn't it stay the same for the near term ?

slt said:
Cheer up guys! it is just for september!

Senate Judiciary hearing for "comprehensive immigration reform"

Guys,

Senate Judiciary hearing for comprehensive immigration reform (which includes to recapture unused immigrant visas and increase number of immigrant visas to 290,000)is scheduled on Tuesday, Jul. 26, 2005 9:30 a.m. So come on guys...please..please send emails / letters / fax / make phone calls to your senators as well as senate judiciary members. Our goal is to hit our message to them by Monday. Everyone's effor counts.

Here is the link:

http://immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1202739&postcount=183