EB-2-NIW VSC-->NSC Good OR Bad

madgu-gc2005

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends/eb1doc,

I got the email message from VSC saying that they have transferred my file to NSC. See below my signature. I have pending I-140 with NSC. What does this mean? Please give me a feed back. Here is the USCIS message.

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 13, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in LINCOLN, NE for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in LINCOLN, NE will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN? are they going through my I-140 (EB-1A) file ????? :confused:

madgu-gc2005 said:
Hi friends/eb1doc,

I got the email message from VSC saying that they have transferred my file to NSC. See below my signature. I have pending I-140 with NSC. What does this mean? Please give me a feed back. Here is the USCIS message.

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 13, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in LINCOLN, NE for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in LINCOLN, NE will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN? are they going through my I-140 (EB-1A) file ????? :confused:

Well, Its just step they have taken owing to bispecialization!
Now NSC will give decision on ur AOS (I-485)
generally speaking NSC is labelled as slower than TSC (other center doing AOS)....but who knows things can change..
I beleive its not related to ur Eb1-EA application!

eb1doc said:
Well, Its just step they have taken owing to bispecialization!
Now NSC will give decision on ur AOS (I-485)
generally speaking NSC is labelled as slower than TSC (other center doing AOS)....but who knows things can change..
I beleive its not related to ur Eb1-EA application!

I also read somewhere (USCIS website) whichever center is adjudicating I-140 the same center will adjudicate I-485 cases. so TSC and NSC are the sister centers for I-140 am i right? not sure about what is going on?

Is this just a transfer notice or a notice stating that NSC will schedule and conduct an interview for your case? I thought interviews are not common nowadays for employment-based immigration. But I know interviews are pretty common for family-based immigration.

2006gc said:
Is this just a transfer notice or a notice stating that NSC will schedule and conduct an interview for your case? I thought interviews are not common nowadays for employment-based immigration. But I know interviews are pretty common for family-based immigration.

please see this thread where i actually i started

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=219013

YES. Here is the wording from USCIS

"On July 13, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in LINCOLN, NE for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in LINCOLN, NE will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case."

I know that usually family based categories will be interviewd. I do not know what is going on? what do you think they are looking at my file now because they got the file from VSC to NSC (NSC has my I-140 EB-1 petition now filed in June 2006). Please give me your feed back if you have any idea on this.

Your I-485 transfer may not have anything to do with your EB-1 I-140 petition. You need to check if others who had received I-485 transfer notices have similar wording as yours. Otherwise, USCIS really want to scrutinize your case and conduct a personal interview. This definately is going to delay your I-485 approval by a few months.

2006gc said:
Your I-485 transfer may not have anything to do with your EB-1 I-140 petition. You need to check if others who had received I-485 transfer notices have similar wording as yours. Otherwise, USCIS really want to scrutinize your case and conduct a personal interview. This definately is going to delay your I-485 approval by a few months.

Hi 2006gc,

I saw yesterday there was a change in message when my I-485 file was transferred to NSC from VSC. Today without any message change they updataed Now the new UD is July 14, 2006 at NSC. I do not know what is going on? do you think they are looking at my I-485 at NSC (no news about EB-1A I-140 which is pending at NSC since last month)

need your feedback if you have any clue.

It is common to get a LUD after an action is taken. You received a message yesterday and there is a LUD change today. This is pretty common. For instance, it is common to get a LUD one day after receiving an approval notice.

2006gc said:
It is common to get a LUD after an action is taken. You received a message yesterday and there is a LUD change today. This is pretty common. For instance, it is common to get a LUD one day after receiving an approval notice.

what approval NOTICE? I am confused. Yesterday and today LUD and NOT only today.

I was simply giving you an example. You typically get an additional LUD after an action is taken. On July 13, you had a LUD and a message change (transfer & interview schedule notice). The next day you got a LUD. This is very common.

2006gc said:
I was simply giving you an example. You typically get an additional LUD after an action is taken. On July 13, you had a LUD and a message change (transfer & interview schedule notice). The next day you got a LUD. This is very common.

Thank you 2006gc