EB-1A I-140 RFE : Please help

biharibhai

Hello Friends,
I have recently got an RFE rom NSC. I have applied for EB-1A to TSC in March and my application got transferred to NSC in April 2009. Now I have received an RFE. Here is the RFE concerns . I have also added what I am planning to answer-

Before that my credentials-
Presently - faculty in Top 20 Medical School

Masters in Molcecular Biology- US University
MD in Internal Medicine- US University
Clinical Research Training- US University

Publications- 14

Presentations in National conferences- 10

Citations-4 ( as all new publications)

National award- One ( From Department of Health, US)

Grants- 2

Leading and critical roles: In commitee which makes guidelines from Physicians; in national physicins commitee which needs nomination,and few University roles

I got following RFE challenging all criterias ( well I did premium and I was kind of expecting this)

Here will my responses:

Criteria 1 ( Nationally recongnized prizes): Letter from the national committe stating that the award I got from Health Service is nationally recognized

Criteria-2 ( Membership in associations): Letter from President of the organization that membership in the organation requires national nomiting and stating the selection criteria and why they have selected me.
Print web pages- already submitted

Criteria-3 (published material about alies): News paper published from US stating my research work ( specifically about my research and presentation) at a national meeting

Criteria-4 (Judge of the work of other): Reviewed Journals ( will submit letter of invitation ), also ( not sure acceptable)- Judge /evaluation of peers/studets/other docotrs in training

Criteria-5 (Original scieitfic contributions of major significance): All published papers with journal impact factor and readership. 10 letters from Different US Universities ( medical school) stating the significance of my work

Criteria-6 (authorship): All published worksCriteria- 7( artistic exhibitions)- none

Criteria-8 (leading and critical roles): Only Letters from organizations

Criteria-9 ( high salary): I do have evidence

Now, Please take some time and help me refine these responses. I know . not many physicians apply for EB-1 as we do not do as much research work as others. But I just want to give it a try to see if it works.

I deeply appreciate your constructive help in this matter.

Thanks,

If your RFE is generic, then probably they think your case is not strong enough, or at least the cover letter is not very well written. I'd consult a lawyer instead of risking it and responding to the RFE myself!

Thanks for the reply.

The RFE was too general asking me evidence for all the criterias. Not anything specific.

I do have a lawyer and he told me that becuase I did premium processing they did not look into your application completely and issued RFE to but time. I am not sure.

Thanks,

I'm not sure that the RFE was issued because your application was done through premium processing. Usually, the officer takes no more than 30 minutes (whether it is premium processing or not) to look at the application and decide whether to approve, issues an RFE, or decline.

There are several posts in this forum about applications got approved through premium processing so I don’t think every application submitted through premium processing gets RFE.

I'd suggest you also send, besides what you stated in your post, a couple of additional strong recommendation letters from scientists who don't know you but aware of your work.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many additonal LOR I should send with RFE? I had submitted 6 before ( 5 indepedent).

I want to make sure I do submit adequate, but at the same time do not want annoy the IO by submitting to many.

Please recommend. I do have 5-6 more indepedent referees who can write letter for me now.

Thanks!

The RFE was too general asking me evidence for all the criterias. Not anything specific.

What exactly does this mean? Asking for help in this forum on how to respond to an RFE without telling the forum what its contents were is like a doctor treating a patient that cannot speak. Should we guess and give you some suggestions?

I do have a lawyer and he told me that becuase I did premium processing they did not look into your application completely and issued RFE to but time.

This is a popular misconception - that PP invariably (or perhaps, mostly) results in RFE. Most people forget that PP is currently available only for EB1 etc. and not for all categories. If you do an analysis on trackitt or similar sites, the fraction of RFEs issued on EB1 cases has not changed at all. So, don't buy this argument that PP results in RFE.

Besides, the amount of time an IO spends on an application is independent of whether or not the case is a PP. PP only makes sure that your package reaches the IO's desk faster than a regular case probably because it goes into a different line.