Eb-1, Should I?

dbhavsar

Registered Users (C)
I wanted to ask this forum to review my credentials and tell me whether I should try EB1 or not.

1. Awards: two travel awards- fairly competitive
2. Publications: >15, few citations, one publication in a journal with JIF of 15.5- top 20 biomedical journals
3. Conference presentations: >20, all oral, >10 posters
4. Book chapters: 2
5. One product in market based on my research
6. Journal reviewer: for one journal
7. Membership: 3 organizations, one is very selective and difficult to get admitted to- only 500 members world wide
8. Teaching exp: has been an invited faculty for a course for 3 years, also teaching medical students
9. Specialty in a very narrow subspecialty of plastic surgery with great demand in US- can get letters from faculties vouching for this
10. Job offer in a very reputed california university
11. can get 5 letters from University of California Faculties

Please be critical but be sure to let me know..

Last edited by a moderator:
you stand a very good chance with EB1-OR. You need a sponsoring organization though for this.
If you have something written about you or your work in media or any other article, EB1-EA could be also feasible.

Thanks a lot- DrDoctor1. I am leaning more towards NIW and when I can join as a faculty, I would apply for EB1- OR.

If you are from India then NIW will not help.
EB1-EA is little tough.
Less number of citations.
Travel awards do not count as achievement.
Membership does not count unless it is invited.
Items with less or no strong evidence 3, 6, 8, 9.
You need more than or close to 10 letters from different part of the world. People from the same institution have less weightage.

Try to get more support for 5.
Use 10 to file EB1-OR.

EB1 - EA premium processing

Hello,

Does any body know if premium processing for I-140 for EB1-EA (self petition) still applicable?
where can I get information from USCIS website?

Thank you