EB-1 Priority Date Tracker: 2002 to 2005

renad05

Registered Users (C)
Please post your EB-1 priority dates here starting from Aug 2002 until 2005.

EB-1
PD 24 April 05
I-140 approved on 02 May 05
Biometrics at NVC done 08 Sept 05

Folks, I plan to contact USCIS and DOS via my attorney for clarification on EB-1 retro. As all of us know that EB-1 with either NIW or Employment offer does not require DOL approval and I-485 or CP can only be processed if visa numbers are available. If this is true then how EB-1 cases from 2002 are pending and at what stage. According to USCIS, I-140 and I-485 filed in 2005 is under process. DOS has numerical quota for EB-1 from employment based visa numbers, but I guess, they are counting all EBs as one and due to high amount of EB-3 and EB-2 pending cases, EB-1 is also retrogressed.

If you are EB-1 and suffering with retro, please post your details: PD and I-140 approval etc.

Lets see how many of us are in the same boat?

Here I am

EB-1 -OR (India)
I-140: RD Aug 2003; AD Nov 2004
I-485/765/131: RD Feb 2005; AD :confused:

Stuck in security review.. that's what they say :eek:

renad05......I agree with you that retrogression for eb1 does not make any sense, since most of the cases get approved in 1-1.5 years.....and i think there will be no more than few hundred cases eb1-india/china as far back as aug-2002.

but they may have some good amount from 2003, and huge amount from 2004 and 2005.

my thoughts were they have lost track and hence they want to work in peace and get their act together before they accept new applications.....

Hi Techy 2468,

You are right. The EB-1 date jumped by 7 months (Feb 2003). Here is the link
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2744.html

I still believe that there are not many EB-1 from 2003 but may be lot from 2004 & 2005. I-485 or CP can't be processed unless visa is current. In past usually, USCIS took 2 - 12 months (max) for processing I-140 and NVC may be 4 - 8 weeks before filling of 485 became possible. Most of 2003 cases (I-140) must have been approved by 2004 and people would have filed 485 (no reason to delay). late 2004 and 2005 cases are probably pending due to backlog followed by retro. Do you think there could be thousands EB-1 out there waiting for retro? What I see that most of affected folks are brom eb2 or eb3. Is it correct that Eb1 has separate numerical number from the pool of EB visas?

techy2468 said:
renad05......I agree with you that retrogression for eb1 does not make any sense, since most of the cases get approved in 1-1.5 years.....and i think there will be no more than few hundred cases eb1-india/china as far back as aug-2002.

but they may have some good amount from 2003, and huge amount from 2004 and 2005.

my thoughts were they have lost track and hence they want to work in peace and get their act together before they accept new applications.....

Techy2468, I guess you are right. We all know that GC will only be available when PD is current and its like "death" that no one knows when it will come but for sure it will come. Despite this fact we all are guessing, doing math, hoping for favorable legislation to pass just to convince ouselves. In a way " Dil ko bahlaney ka Ghalib khayal achaa hai"
I am working as Associate Professor of Biotechnology in Gulf and my EB-1 is already approved. I have done successful CP on 27 September 05 but coz of name check could not get GC. When my PD becomes current, I have to simply collect my visa from consulate. No problem "magar intezaar karna bara mushkil hai"

Thanks techy for all your encouraging response and math. I talked to my attorney, who worked in DOS for several years. He told me that EB-1 will hop fast and most likely PD (April 05) will be current by the end of 2006.

techy2468 said:
renad05..take a look at the calculation i had done for EB1-india/china...
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1283557#post1283557

i am planning to file in jan-06, and i hope that i will get a chance to file 485 by may-june 07 (my assumption is that for eb1-india pd will be behind by 1.5 years)

i heard about name check...that it can take 3 weeks to 6 years....depending on luck....to tell u the fact.....i am just applying for GC....but thankfully all this retro tension....has taught me a lesson....even though i want to make usa my home....i am not going to depend on GC so much that i cant move back to india.......as far as i know.....nobody cares for us.....and we dont have any right to demand fairness...neither in india or usa......so we have to accept what we get and go on with life...(but i really feel sorry for people who filed in 2001 and still waiting....becos back then GC was like 2-3 years business...and it was almost certain thing..)

Today, I learned from US embassy that they have received my FBI name check report and its cleared. It took little less than 4 weeks. I simply have to wait till my PD (04/05) becomes current and collect my immigrant visa from consular, since every other thing is done including CP interview. Good luck with your GC. Lets hope for best for all of us.

techy2468 said:
i heard about name check...that it can take 3 weeks to 6 years....depending on luck....to tell u the fact.....i am just applying for GC....but thankfully all this retro tension....has taught me a lesson....even though i want to make usa my home....i am not going to depend on GC so much that i cant move back to india.......as far as i know.....nobody cares for us.....and we dont have any right to demand fairness...neither in india or usa......so we have to accept what we get and go on with life...(but i really feel sorry for people who filed in 2001 and still waiting....becos back then GC was like 2-3 years business...and it was almost certain thing..)

renad05....good to know that you got everything done.....now u only have to just wait......and optimistically thinking your wait can get over in the next 6-9 months......i will send you my email address in a private message since i want you to keep me updated with your developments......since you filed in april o5, you are a good benchmark for an application filed in 05 and completed processing.....thanks.

Stuck in Name check
My self, spouse and child I-140/I-485 ND 01/27/05
I-140 AD 03/9/05
FP 03/9/05
My 485 pending for name check since Feb8, 2005

It looks like many of us are struck in so called name check! I am wondering if this just an excuse USCIS is using to show that they are doing their job very fast as far as processing is concerned??
Good luck to all,

Now that the PD for EB1 has moved to Feb 2003, is it safe to assume that all EB1 cases pending before that have been cleared. That is, is there any EB1 with ND in 2002 that is pending for name check or anything else?

EB1 (India born, Canadian national)
I-140 PD April 15/2005
I-140 AD June 15/2005
I-485 RD May 27/2005
FP date July 01/2005
FP RD July 12/2005
LUD July 14/2005
Waiting for I-485 approval-Suffering from India EB1 retrogression?