Easy questions for smart people...

spurz

Hi, my names Wayne.

I'm 20, live in the states, and my GF from Canada who is 17 got kicked out of her house. She lived her mom. She had no where to stay so she came here and has been here for 2 weeks. She came through Greyhound and has a return ticket for next weekend. Which is why I ask these questions...

1. Does her age matter in trying to aquire a green card to stay and get her high school diploma in the states?

2. What is the first step we should take? I mean, she has no home in Canada now, not even family.. so I am trying to get her legal to live with me here.

3. What is the expense of this? 20 bucks? 400? Is there an estimate?

That's pretty much it. I am trying to do what's best for her and need information on how I can keep her here legally. Any help would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea which GC, because I have no knowledge of any of these immigration procedures.

She came here legally and will have to go back next weekend I guess. She has her return ticket for then. Our initial plan was for her to stay here till she had to use her ticket to go back, and in these 3 weeks to find out how she could stay and finish school but I guess that's not allowed. That site really confuses me to be honest. I don't see anything about underage issues and such. Eh.

I'm in Arkansas and was told she would have to goto Memphis because they represent our state. But why travel 300 miles when nothing could be accomplished? I guess I'm just confused and stressed out.

Last edited by a moderator: