Early FP in Newark, NJ

BigG

Registered Users (C)
Recently got my FP1 notice for 11/09/04 at Newark. since I was planning to travel to India during that time, wanted to get an early FP done. After reading most of the threads, it seems that most people in NJ have had a problem with early FP.

Questions
-Are there any alternate NJ locations other than Newark where FP can be done?
-What days are walk-ins allowed? I would like to atleast try. I think one of the threads mentioned going later in the day as opposed to going early around 9am. Is that true?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think one of the threads mentioned going later in the day as opposed to going early around 9am. Is that true?

No. I tried it 3:00 PM, and was empty. But the security mentioned that people inside will not accept early FP.

If you're near by, just go there and show your Airline ticket that you will not be here and going for a vacation. I think ,people understand your situation when you talk about travelling outside the country.

BigG said:
Recently got my FP1 notice for 11/09/04 at Newark. since I was planning to travel to India during that time, wanted to get an early FP done. After reading most of the threads, it seems that most people in NJ have had a problem with early FP.

Questions
-Are there any alternate NJ locations other than Newark where FP can be done?
-What days are walk-ins allowed? I would like to atleast try. I think one of the threads mentioned going later in the day as opposed to going early around 9am. Is that true?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I tried to do an early FP just today at Newark ASC. They did not allow me. They were polite but were firm. They said they "stopped accepting walk-ins".

No Luck

Tried walking in today (Saturday 10/2/04) around 1:15 pm in the afternoon. The place seemed very empty and quiet. Hardly saw anyone. The lady at the frontdesk asked for the FP notice. When she saw it she politely, yet firmly refused citing that my appointment is over 4 weeks away. I mentioned to her that since I was planning to travel outside the country I wanted an earlier FP. She said that I should mail the FP notice for rescheduling (next available wednesday/saturday) as mentioned in the bottom half of the notice. I asked her if that rescheduling would happen before, or, after the actual scheduled date. She said it could happen anytime. I asked if I could call the 800 number at the national service center and reschedule? She said that won't work because they need a paper notice to allow for FP.

BigG said:
Tried walking in today (Saturday 10/2/04) around 1:15 pm in the afternoon. The place seemed very empty and quiet. Hardly saw anyone. The lady at the frontdesk asked for the FP notice. When she saw it she politely, yet firmly refused citing that my appointment is over 4 weeks away. I mentioned to her that since I was planning to travel outside the country I wanted an earlier FP. She said that I should mail the FP notice for rescheduling (next available wednesday/saturday) as mentioned in the bottom half of the notice. I asked her if that rescheduling would happen before, or, after the actual scheduled date. She said it could happen anytime. I asked if I could call the 800 number at the national service center and reschedule? She said that won't work because they need a paper notice to allow for FP.

This is what I don't understand. If they have time and resources to do it, why do they refuse to do it. Wouldn't that help expedite the process and everyone is happy? I mean, if they are sitting there and filing their nails... why are they insisting on same day appointments and refusing the early walk-ins? Atleast, if they are handling other cases or doing something else , then it is understandable. Oh well. No wonder the processing is so slow.

Hello BigG,

I am on the same track as yours, but I want to postpone my FP unlike you.

See this:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=145213

I am going to send a letter with original notice just before I go to India so that I don't get rescheduled before the scheduled date. I hope my letter would make them postpone it by a month or so. Is there any Newark ASC phone number we can use?

Kilbil