Early FP in Jacksonville - need help on finding the "code"

tsvvk

Registered Users (C)
I got FP notices for myself and spouse scheduled for March 31, since my dates are occupied for that week, I risked and went to Jacksonville from Tallahassee on 23rd March to see if they accept early FPs. Surprisingly, no questions were asked and it all went very smooth, just took half an hour to complete everything and we were given receipts of FPs.

However, I did not pay attention to what code was mentioned in our FP notices - my mistake - neither kept copies of the FP notices, and the ASC retained our notices and just gave us the receipts - is there any way to know about the "Code number" of our FP notices? Only finger prints of all ten fingers were taken and nothing else. Appreciate if anyone with similar experience can focus some light on this.

I am planning to go for early FP this Wednesday at Jacksonville. I'll let you know my experience with code 3 FP. Meanwhile I would appreciate if you could let me know what time you went on last Wednesday?

I went there at 8.30 AM and there were about 30 people already inside waiting for their turns for various reasons, and for FP we (myself and wife) are 9th and 10th in line, after 30 minutes, at about 9 AM we both went inside, came out by 9.30 AM and done with it. Only thing is I did not notice what code is mentioned in our FP notices - neither the staff checked it I guess - only 10 fingers were printed, and were given a receipt (which is the same application form we filled after entering the building) signed at the bottom. Appreciate if you can enquire whether they follow the codes strictly and do the biometrics as per the notice or it is applicant's responsibility to remind them of the code. Thanks.

Jacksonville FP code 3

We got our Biometrics done today at Jacksonville.

Actual FP notice(code 3) :28th march 2005
Did early FP(only 10 fingers ):25th feb 2005
went again to ask for Biometrics(Didn't allow inside):28th feburary.
went today with my lawyers copy of FP notice.This time they did Biometrics,they told that there were some other cases like ours.

So,go on your scheduled day again(Get the copy from your lawyer).Now they will definitely do Biometrics.

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately I applied for I-485 myself without any Lawyer - so - now the question is how to get another copy of my FP notice. On the other hand, if my FP notice says Code 3, is there any chance that USCIS will call us again to complete the rest of the FP work? Any word on this is highly appreciated.

Fp @jax

tsvvk said:
Thanks for your message. Unfortunately I applied for I-485 myself without any Lawyer - so - now the question is how to get another copy of my FP notice. On the other hand, if my FP notice says Code 3, is there any chance that USCIS will call us again to complete the rest of the FP work? Any word on this is highly appreciated.

Make an appointment with info-pass(with the reason you have a question to ask).Take the form they gave you after your 10 finger prints were done.I guess if you have appointment they will allow you inside.If you have a copy of your original FP notice,take that.Fill the form again inside and wait for the lady to call your number.then you can explain her your problem.Give a try.

Now they are aware of this Code3 @Jacksonville,so if you get a chance to explain them,they will definitely help you.

I have my FP code 1 scheduled for April 8th, 05 at Jax. Do I need to call and schedule an appt or just show up for my FP. Also Do I need to ask about biometrics or just just get my FP and wait for my Biometrics at another time. FInally how long will it take to get my biometrics.
Any ideas.
Thanks
Roy1

Hey tsvvk,
I'm sorry to say that I couldn't be of any help to you. I didn't get a chance to ask questions for you as they didn't allowed me to do early FP. Now it looks to me that you've got two options. One: follow what "minicooper" said (visit the center again with info-pass appointment and explain the situation to supervisor). But then you are from Tallahasse, so it doesn't look worth trying a day off and drive. Option two would be to wait for an approval or another FP notice with code 2. You've got your FP done, so it looks to me to better wait as nowadays approvals are coming faster. Good Luck.

tsvvk said:
Appreciate if you can enquire whether they follow the codes strictly and do the biometrics as per the notice or it is applicant's responsibility to remind them of the code. Thanks.

Hey buddy, Sorry I couldn't be of any help to you at this moment as they didn't allow me to apprear for early FP. If you are from Jax itself then follow what "minicooper" says. Good Luck.

Here's my experience:
I reached there today morning before 8:00 AM but looking at the original appointment date security guard said to come back on the original appointment date (for me it's 04/25). I asked him to allow us saying I'm planning a long trip during my original appointment date. So, he went inside asked someone, came back and said the supervisor says no. He pointed me the latest date upto which we are allowed to apprear for the FP (for me it's 06/03) and asked to come back before that date if not able to attend original appointment. So, it was a disappointment without an appointment :) but good thing is that we've got an appointment :cool: so till then be happy. :D

worldmonitor_1 said:
Hey adiazz when you go to JAX for FPs can you ask them whether your friend (Its me) who gave FP already can go and give Biometrics...

The staff at the JAX office are very charming and polite.... Very very good people...

Thank you.

roy1 said:
Hey guys,
how do I get an appt for early FP's
Roy, There is no need to get an appointment to try to give an early FP. People just show up an original FP notice to get it done. success depands on lots of factor. You've got Apr 8 appointment which is not far away.

Guys,
I did try to get appointment through InfoPass with option Question to ask from Superviser. I got appointment but they gave me actuall Local Center appointment instead of giving me Finger Print Office Location mentioned on USCIS Web Site.
I don't know If I should try again or just show up with that receipt.