Early fingerprint at OAKLAND?

You can do early FP at Oakland as well

You can surely do early FP at Oakland. Usually they would not ask you the reason as to why you are coming early.

I would suggest you got to San Jose and get it done. San Jose has electronic finger printing while Oakland is manual, is they put ink on your finger and do the FP.

I got mine done in San Jose, my scheduled location was oakland and I had done it early.

spe!!! both of them are not true that

* Oakland ASC allows early FP with out any reasons
* Oakland ASC does manual FP.

To do early early FP at oakland ASC you need to have a genuine reason probably with some proof too.(From past expereinces posted in this forum)
And they do machine scanning of your fingerprints.(my own experience)

Guys!! please be careful about giving out wrong info. If you are not sure, say it so.

It has long been established that doing FP ....

early helps. Especially with processing window shrinking to 6 months or less, waiting till scheduled date may just be a waste of time. INS does not care when you do your FP. FP is a milestone that has to happen before your case becomes adjudication-ready. Hence, sooner you do your FP, earlier your case becomes adjudication-ready. In months gone by, cases took so long that doing FP a month early really did not matter. Your case would sit on the shelf waiting for assignment. Classic case of hurry up and wait. But, with much faster processing now, that is no longer the case. Just do it early.
Oakland has been known to not be early-FP-friendly unless things have changed in the last month or 2. San Jose on tha other hand has been know to be early-FP-heaven. Again, unless things have changed in the last month or 2.