Early 2nd FP: Unsuccessful attempt at Newark

mdh

Registered Users (C)
Went there around 9:30.(Spend 1 hr in finding parking place. Place is so confusing. Lot of one ways and constructions. Drove opposite on one way & got a ticket($77 + 2pts). Officer was black. Didn't listen to anything that I said to him. There wasn't a clear sign for one way.)

Anyway, there was a hispanic guys standing outside of fingerprinting office. He works at the door. He is very smart. He was checking Date and time of every person who he was allowing to go in. I tried twice. He said your appointment is not for today. If you want to reschedule, Call this no. I tried to request him and then finally he took my paper inside and spoke with somebody. But still answer didn't change.

I don't know what to do now. But I am thinking to make a 2nd attempt. I will definitely go by train. If that guy is there, I am not going inside for sure.

Sorry to hear that.
Well I guess you should try at a time when there's not much of a crowd..like on a saturday..!

Same thing happened with me at hartford CT center, today is my scheduled date for 2nd FP, I will go today. Looks like these days they have started looking the dates.

I did early fp at hartford center. Person at the front door verified with his manager and let me in. It is all depends up on person in-charge that time.

I was turned back too from Newark for 2nd FP. It seems they are very strict about it now. I had gone on a Saturday and it was of no use.
I finally did it on the scheduled date.

Originally posted by mdh
Went there around 9:30.(Spend 1 hr in finding parking place. Place is so confusing. Lot of one ways and constructions. Drove opposite on one way & got a ticket($77 + 2pts). Officer was black. Didn't listen to anything that I said to him. There wasn't a clear sign for one way.)

Anyway, there was a hispanic guys standing outside of fingerprinting office. He works at the door. He is very smart. He was checking Date and time of every person who he was allowing to go in. I tried twice. He said your appointment is not for today. If you want to reschedule, Call this no. I tried to request him and then finally he took my paper inside and spoke with somebody. But still answer didn't change.

I don't know what to do now. But I am thinking to make a 2nd attempt. I will definitely go by train. If that guy is there, I am not going inside for sure.

Hey guy,

This 2nd FP notices are all a sham and a proof that USCIS is only able to change their names every few months. Oh, they are also changing the Oath. These are their priorities.
It is about time SOMEBODY with guts calls a lawyer and SUITS them. Call the ACLU first! They even stopped the election in CA.

mdh - I had quite a lot of problems when I went to Newark for FP. My father wasnt well and had to rush to India and I would have missed the date...

I went there thrice, spoke to them but they didnt allowed me to do it advance. Newark is very strict... I had to get it rescheduled and lost 3 months because of it..

I am a little surprised to hear about your experience with parking as there are tons of parking lots on Commerce Street as well as Broad Street.

I know the hispanic guy at the door pretty well now...

goodluck

Originally posted by mdh

To mdh

Sorry to hear your story.

Do your remember the online message changed when you receive the 2nd finger print notice?

Thanks!

mdh. have you told them you will be on a business trip?

When did you receive the notice..... How did you get it.....

Really sorry to hear your story. Life can be unfair sometimes.
What needs to be figured out is, whether the hispanic guy is acting on instructions from inside.

If not, I would take a spanish speaking hispanic guy with me for better chances if I were to go there the next time. It is no point going alone if others have faced the same problem.

If he is acting on instructions from inside, then it could be due to reasons like: filtering to lessen the load. In that case i would go at a time when it is less crowded.

Does INS have another fingerprinting office in NJ other than Cherry Hill & Newark?

There is one fingerprinting office in Hackensack NJ. Can somebody post the experience of fingerprinting in Hachensack? 1st or 2nd doesn't matter.

Why do you cut sorry on this person

First of all , he has to go on scheduled date. Not early.

Don't you have commonsense that appointments are made to ease the process? Becasue they know their work load and difficult to add-on more work.

you guys driving them NUTS !
YOu should be kicked on the butts :D:D I suppose

I did an early FP at Newark on Sep 6th

I did an early FP at Newark on Saturday, Sep 6 (scheduled date Sep 17). I had earlier gone to the center on Friday August 29th and the lady sitting by the front door told me to come back on a Saturday between 12-3 if I wanted an early FP. I had told her that I was working in a different city and hence could not do it on the scheduled date.

Zack