EADP approved, AOS interview scheduled. Name Check and status? and DUI?

stinger

Registered Users (C)
Hello All

Was at peace with myself that on the interview day I will get approved untill I read the threads saying delays might still kick-in thru things like name check etc.

Had a DUI in 2002 and while in India, had to get new VISA stamp based on H1B and due to DUI I had to give fingerprints (221g I guess).
Not sure if name check was also initiated at that time. Hope they did that too.

Can you or someone let me know
1) Whether a name check would have been initiated at that time during VISA stamp process or how/where to find that out?
2) If yes for above, will that name check status be used for AOS interview? (If so, good)

Since the local office has scheduled me for interview, can I assume that
3) the local office has all my files (AOS/AP application I guess)
4) FP, Name check results are available or atleast FP is readable to make the AOS decision?
(Read in some cases that after interview is scheduled and during interview they postpone it saying they do not have the files etc or FP unreadable or name check status not avilable etc)

Hope they did a name check too that time and those results can be used for my AOS interview so to not get tangled further with name check delays.

Anyways will update the forum with my case details after my interview date.

--thanks

-----
Also what are A-files and T-files w.r.t to AOS/AP/EAD application?

Hey DCGetsGC

Hope this is what you asked.

I filed for AOS/EAD/AP during 2'nd week DEC 2004.
Receive date (with I guess priority date for AOS ) is DEC 17'th.
EAD approved on 03/03/05. But a week before that, my AOS and AP was transfered from CSC.
EAD is for one year, no strings attached.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! that is almost on the dot 3 months.......I need my EAD desperately.......hope will be soon.

What is your timeline for AP/EAD/AOS. My PD is somehwere in Mar 2001. So my packet was immediatly accepted (irrespective of retrogressions etc).

What is your PD?

Also as a note some time either AP or EAD gets approved the remaining 2 gets transfered. (see my other post in this forum only - "FP not available text ...." )

hope you get your EAD.