Ead??

ramprak

Registered Users (C)
My rd:11/23/01 got no rfe no 2nd fp so applied for AP on 15 june & EAD on 26 june.........got AP approved by july 15 but EAD is still PENDING ......how long its taking ead these days ? I have my h1b valid till jan 04 but in worst case scenario if I dont get EAD by nov or so can I go for any interim ead,what is the process or any kind of such stuff..........suggetions r appreciated

EAD

I had applied on May17th and got it on July 28th (yest).
Seems to take 2 months or so.
You can check your status online

thanx satish ......I became v.pesimistic with BCIS as they r delaying my I-485 unreasonably thats why want to know what to do with EAD if it also get delayed (so that I will not be out of status in case of unusual delay in Ead & my I-485 is still pending)
I heard abt interim Ead's in such cases but have no idea abt process so enquiring..........any info is appreciated

I didnt get u deng deng can u tell me in detail............do u mean signing petition of rajiv to vsc... I did it long back the v.first day it appeared on the web page

You are in status

RamPrak,

As long as you 485 is being processed, you are in status. EAD gives your employer to emply you , in case your H1 has expired( assuming you were on H1 at the time of filing 485).

Hope this helps

Raj
My observations have no legal sanctity

Hi Ramprak,
If your EAD is not approved at VSC in 90 days after filing (Receipt Date), then you can goto the local BCIS office and apply for interin EAD. Most of the local offices give it on the same day but some offices may take upto maximum 30 days. So if you applied for your EAD 4 months before expiration, then you are absolutely safe.

thanx sreejact Iam on H1 when I filed I-485 & till now Iam on h1b only my H1B will expire in jan 04,I applied for renewal of my EAD on june 26........I want to know if any interim ead will be issued by local offices in case my ead gets delayed beyond my hib validity mean jan 04........just Iam trying to gather info incase of such worst situation but from the feedback of others its taking 2months for EAD so I may get in next month.

Re: EAD

Originally posted by nk412
I had applied on May17th and got it on July 28th (yest).
Seems to take 2 months or so.
You can check your status online

FYI
Well, i applied my EAD on May 9th and it isn't approved yet.