Ead

deland70

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
Is it true that you cannot obtain EAD unless I140 is approved first? Please I need your input. I am trying my best to gather as much information about the whole GC process since I cannot afford to pay my lawyer,not to mention the premium processing for the I-140. I am really broke and desperately in need of pro bono info form my fellow TNers who have gone this process. I appreciate all your help.

deland70:eek:

Hi everyone,
Is it true that you cannot obtain EAD unless I140 is approved first? Please I need your input. I am trying my best to gather as much information about the whole GC process since I cannot afford to pay my lawyer,not to mention the premium processing for the I-140. I am really broke and desperately in need of pro bono info form my fellow TNers who have gone this process. I appreciate all your help.

deland70:eek:

If you are planning to file I-485 after I-140, then YES - you need to have I-140 approved to file for I-765 (and I-485).

If you are filing concurrently, then you can apply for the EAD along with the I-140 and I-485 application. But for this to happen, your PD must be current.

First, I believe you must have an approved I-140 unless someone can correct that statement...
Secondly, this forum contains everything you need to go through the entire process including the generous comments of the host Immigration Attorney.
Before asking too many questions, find your category/subject on the forum and read,read,read..you will find many answers to your questions.
Third, visit USCIS website as they have frequently asked questions and answers posted as well as hotlines to answer questions. With a little patience you can do all you need by yourself unless, your situation is somehow complex and different from the norm.
Print off the forms you require from USCIS website and practice filling them in and researching things you don't understand.
Good luck to you friend.

The petition for an EAD has NOTHING to do with I-140.

It has everything to do with I-485 submission. If you are eligible to file I-485 (you do not have to have an approved I-140 to file I-485 -- you need to have an eligible priority date and have previously or concurrently filed I-140, that is all) you can file I-485 and I-765.

So, if your Priority date is current , you can file I-140/I-485/I-765 or you can file i-140, and 2 days/weeks/months/years later file I-485/I-765 regardless of whether your I-140 is approved yet, or not.

if your priority date is not current, you can't file I-485 or I-765, again, regardless of what has happened to your I-140.

You guys really need to bone up on some I-485 sites. You are way off base.

Thank you all for your replies.

I am more comfortable in this forum since I am a CANADIAN ( and proud to be!). And besides, there's a lot of people from this forum that Have undergone TN to GC. I need a first-hand information, not some opinions and comments from other people who are not even sure if TN to Gc exists. I hope you understand....:)