Ead

anutik

Registered Users (C)
Does anybody know am I allowed to legally work in the U. S. when my EAD is expired and I'm waiting for renewal? I have reciept form INS that they have all of my biometrics. What can be the consequenes for working without recieving EAD?

Thank you

anutik said:
Does anybody know am I allowed to legally work in the U. S. when my EAD is expired and I'm waiting for renewal? I have reciept form INS that they have all of my biometrics. What can be the consequenes for working without recieving EAD?

Thank you
NO !!!
You CANNOT work when your EAD is expired -- you need the actual EAD card (or iEAD card) to work.
A EAD pending/receipt notice is not of any use.

You'll want to immediately go on an unpaid leave of absence till you have your new EAD (or iEAD).
Consequences are the same as for working without authorization -- it can get ugly -- don't risk it and risk your 485 -- try to do the correct thing and stay "legal"

anutik said:
Max than you very much for answering.
What is iEAD?
iEAD == Interim EAD.

If your EAD application is pending for >90 days, you can go to the nearest USCIS office and get yourself an interim EAD - this serves the same purpose as EAD - but it will be valid for a much shorter time (basically as a stop-gap till your real ead comes)
There is no fee for this.

Make sure you take your EAD receipt notice (& 485 notice) and some form of ID when you go.

You won't usually need an i-EAD as most centers are processing EADs in < 90 days.

Max, thank you so much for helping me.
One more question - my brother apllied for EAD 3 months ago and today we got letter of denail. It sais that his case is denied because he is over 21 right now ( we came on visa K 4). But we fieled all his papers a months before he turned 21. Is there anything we can do about it? :rolleyes: