ead

smile280

Registered Users (C)
Guys, can you tell me how long it is taking now adays for the local transfer case of i485, to apply for the ead in chicago to get the receipt, it has been over 15 days for me, and no receipt yet, it is normal

smile280 said:
Guys, can you tell me how long it is taking now adays for the local transfer case of i485, to apply for the ead in chicago to get the receipt, it has been over 15 days for me, and no receipt yet, it is normal

You should have got the receipt number by now. EAD approval seems that it should atleast take 90 days in Chicago now.. I had posted the same question some time back and it looks like one guy has got it in 2 months, rest none.

Good Luck!

smile280 said:

Any luck to get your receipt?

I mailed my EAD renewal package by USPS to Chicago office on Feb. 2, 2005
(since it is P.O. box address, FedEx does not take it). But I have not heard anything back yet, even the check for application fee has not been cached yet.

How long does it usually take to receive the receipt from Chicago office after the package is sent?

prlover said:

(since it is P.O. box address, FedEx does not take it). But I have not heard anything back yet, even the check for application fee has not been cached yet.

How long does it usually take to receive the receipt from Chicago office after the package is sent?

Usually in 7 days we get the receipt notice asking us to schedule for Biometrics.

Prlover,

I mailed my EAD renewal to Chicago on Feb. 05, 2005, the check was not cashed, either. Of course, no receipt notice yet...

NY-NIW said:
Prlover,

I mailed my EAD renewal to Chicago on Feb. 05, 2005, the check was not cashed, either. Of course, no receipt notice yet...

Normally, when u file at Chicago, it is being sent to Lee's Summit, MO but the checks are normally encashed in Chicago itself. I dont understand why you are delayed so much. BTW, which city, state do you currently live as,once you receive the receipt notice, you need to schedule biometrics for FP/Photos/Signature and then you are again on the line to get it approved.

Thanks! I saw the receipt notice from MO yesterday when I got home, I am asked to schedule an appointment to have biometrics at local office. BTW, the check was cashed yesterday.

EAD renewal

Guys

I am planning to send my EAD renewal application in a week. I had one question.do we need to send our passport size photos along with our EAD renewal application? or will they take our picture when we go for biometrics.

need your reply

Thanks

ny-niw
did u get file through and not through the online for the ead, i never heard of biomatirck for ead through the paper filing for the ead renewal, please clairfy, as i still not received the recepit

I used paper filing this time to Chicago since my I-485 was transferred to NYC local office, I was asked to schedule Biometrics. I just made an appointment for this Sat.

Receipt received!

prlover said:

Finally, I received my EAD receipt today. It asks me to call NCSC to schedule approintment for BIOMETRICS.

Questions are: if I call NCSC, how soon an appointment can be made and how long it will take to get EAD approval after BIOMETRICS? Since my ead will expire on Jun 30, 2005, when should I make that appointment? Is there any deadline to make appointment?

Please advise.

I called them last Thursday, they gave option for an appointment on Friday as earliest date. But I chose Saturday, and I did it already.