EAD with wrong dates

srr4

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
my previous EAD was valid between 03/xx/06 and 03/xx/07. New EAD applied on Dec 01 and got appoved in less than two weeks. New EAD shows the valid dates 12/xx/06 thru 12/xx/07. There is no continuity in the dates between two cards. Does anyone got same experience? Can I correct it? how?

Thanks,
srr4

Date of approval is validity start date for re-newed card

No one get continuion of validity from previous EAD's "to date" for renewed EAD..Date of approval is validity "start date" for re-newed card..fyi..

srr4 said:
Hi,
my previous EAD was valid between 03/xx/06 and 03/xx/07. New EAD applied on Dec 01 and got appoved in less than two weeks. New EAD shows the valid dates 12/xx/06 thru 12/xx/07. There is no continuity in the dates between two cards. Does anyone got same experience? Can I correct it? how?

Thanks,
srr4

Last edited by a moderator:
malia said:
No one get continuion of validity from previous EAD's "to date" for renewed EAD..Date of approval is validity "start date" for re-newed card..fyi..

I think it depends on the Service center/officer who approves, may be. For my last EAD renewal, it was expiring in 5/2006, I applied for renewal in 1/2006, got approved in 2/2006 with a validity continuing from expiry date of previous EAD (5/2006 to 5/2007) not from 2/2006 to 2/2007.

neilgc, you may be right but I had 4 EAD's never got EAD continuation from NSC...

neilgc, you may be right but I had 4 EAD's never got EAD continuation from NSC...

neilgc said:
I think it depends on the Service center/officer who approves, may be. For my last EAD renewal, it was expiring in 5/2006, I applied for renewal in 1/2006, got approved in 2/2006 with a validity continuing from expiry date of previous EAD (5/2006 to 5/2007) not from 2/2006 to 2/2007.

I had renewed 3 EADs earlier, all of them I got continuity dates except the 4th one! Does USCIS correct it if we request??
thks/srr4

srr4 said:
I had renewed 3 EADs earlier, all of them I got continuity dates except the 4th one! Does USCIS correct it if we request??
thks/srr4

Mine was from CSC. This was my first EAD renewal. I will be applying for 2nd renewal next month, hopefully I get it from the last date of current EAD.

malia said:

FYI I have always .....always ( barring only one time ) got continuity in my EAD renewals. It might be different this year I cant say but my Eads always begin with the date they are expring.
The one time was at the local office and they input the date on the day I was there so I lost 2 months. They said I should have told them that they were expiring in 2 months and they would have given me that validity.
I didnt want to go through the whole process again so i just accepted it.