EAD VS Renewal of H-1B ?

485check

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guru,
  First time on the Board... Need Help/Suggestion ..//
  I want the Suggestion from Guru ...My company asked me do you come on EAD when your H-B will
  be expired in month of Dec\'01. My answer was I want the extension of H-1 B. My EAD will be expired
  in month of Feb\'02 and my RD: 10/22/00,,Which I think It is very Close to approval..
  My company already apllied my H-1 B extension and now I received the EMAIL from company
  attonery regarding renewal of EAD...//

Suggest me What I have to do ? your guidance will be very helpful to me to take the decision
  regarding apply of EAD extension...///

It depends !!!

It depends upon what you want to do...

Advantages of EAD:
1) Multiple jobs, if you wish to supplement your finances by working part-time in other jobs then this is the way to go.

Disadvantages of EAD:
1) If you have a job that makes you travel abroad very frequently then it is a pain to keep getting AP, H1B is a much better option.
2) If you use the EAD, then H1B becomes invalid. And god forbid, due to some ins mistake, I485 gets rejected, your EAD immediately becomes invalid and your primary employer(provided it is not a desi company) will give you unpaid LOA(leave of absence) until the matter is sorted out. In the same situation, if you had a valid H1B, you could have continued to work for the employer while investigating the I485 rejection. I know you may tell that I am being too paranoid.... I guess after sept 11, it is paranoid city everywhere....

Later

bkcgey

Thanks. and I am Agree with bkcgey..//

Yes, I am agree... same thing came in my mind,...that what will be happened if my I-485 Rejected due to
any reason...at least for the safe game I should go for H-1 B extension..which my company
will pay all the expense and I will apply the EAD in the end of Nov\'01 from my pcoket..becuse according
to my company they can pay EAD or H-1B...for part time job...first Sattel down in USA then think about
Part time job..etc..//

Regards

485Check..//

If I-485 gets rejected When working on EAD without H1-B?

Is it possible to apple for a new H1B, or change to H4, or some other ones?