EAD valid till next year..485 denied

nikbuds

Registered Users (C)
hi guys,,

just curious to find out what happens if someones EAD is valid till next year, but the 485 was denied... does that person have to leave (H1 not valid anymore)..or can that person stay till EAD expires..

thanks.

if 485 is denied then all related ead and ap will be revoked. one cannot work on that ead. you may have to exit immediately if you dont have any other valid visa like h1.

you may even have the chance to appeal the case depending on reason of denial.

i485 denied

When your i485 is denied because i140 is revoked due to change of job and previous emplyer sent letter to INS to cancel i140 but you filed a motion to reopen on time.

1) When will your out-of-status period begin? i485 denial or final decision when motion is adjudicated?

2) While motion is pending and you have an unexpired EAD, can you still work?

Thanks everybody!

acc918 said:
When your i485 is denied because i140 is revoked due to change of job and previous emplyer sent letter to INS to cancel i140 but you filed a motion to reopen on time.

1) When will your out-of-status period begin? i485 denial or final decision when motion is adjudicated?
------------final decision when motion is adjudicated

2) While motion is pending and you have an unexpired EAD, can you still work?
----NO ,you need Valid EAD for work
Thanks everybody!

Last edited by a moderator:
i485 denied

Ginnu:

Thanks for the reply. On your answer to no.2 above. What do you mean by valid? The EAD is still good until 2005, so is this still valid?

acc918 said:
Ginnu:

Thanks for the reply. On your answer to no.2 above. What do you mean by valid? The EAD is still good until 2005, so is this still valid?
---------What is your actual situation? Post you situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
i485 denied

Ginnu:

I didn't mean to get you mad. Anyway, as the Title of this goes, my 1485 denied and filed motion to reopen. My EAD expires Mar 2005. Can I still work with this EAD until final decision is made on the motion?

Thanks!

acc918 said:
Ginnu:

I didn't mean to get you mad. Anyway, as the Title of this goes, my 1485 denied and filed motion to reopen. My EAD expires Mar 2005. Can I still work with this EAD until final decision is made on the motion?

Yes, you can. If you filed the motion to reopen within 1 month, you are OK to use your EAD until the final decision is made.

acc918 said:
Ginnu:

---YES
Thanks!

Ginnu:

I just heard from the congressman's office that per their inquiry to Newark CIS office, they found-out that the motion to reopen was heard and was approved. However, my case status on-line has not changed and I have not rcvd any notice from CIS. Also, the congressman's office said CSC cannot confirmed that it has been approved. Is this possible? Newark found-out it has been approved and CSC do not know? (my papers are with CSC).

How can I check if it was actually approved? Is it possible that CSC is just waiting for the result of our 2nd FP scheduled next month before sending any notice?

Thanks again for your very intelligent replies!

DUPLICATE 140 approvals

Hello freinds:
any suggestion as to which 140 approval one should base thier 485 on. In my case i have 2 approvals of 140 for OR as well as NIW.

THNAKS
aRJUNDC

acc918 said:
Ginnu:

EAD validity is incidental to your pending 485. If there is no 485, there is no EAD, irrespective of expiration date on your EAD. Any employment using EAD after 485 denial is considered unauthorized employment.