EAD Vadid Date

vmchandra

Registered Users (C)
My current EAD is due to expire on 4/11/04. I applied for the renewal in Dec'03. It got approved also. Valid Dates on new EAD are from 4/12/04 to 4/11/05. For a change this time I am not losing any days!!

Was it an Efile?

Congratulations !!

Did you E-File your EAD renewal or was it a regular paper file?

Thanks !!

PM is a private message.
You can retireve it by going to the PM section in the forum.
But essentially I pasted the same thing in the PM. So you can ignore it too.

When you guys say that you lost 2 months or 2 weeks etc .... what did you guys do during that time?
Were you the primary applicant?
Did you work during that time and got paid later?
Didn't you guys try to get an interim EAD from your local office? I don't have H1 either. In that case isn't that you guys were out of status during that 2 months period?

Please answer these questions. It is very important for me to know what you guys did.

thanks

TexasRoadHouse,

losing time: Two weeks or two months etc. What I mean is,
Ex: I have my first EAD issued on 4/24/03 has exp date 4/23/04 (one full year)
Now let's say, I have applied for the renewal in Dec'03 anticipating that processing EAD would take 4 months. Now if that EAD is approved say in Jan'04 (with in one month) and if I have new EAD issued date as 1/22/04 has exp date 1/21/05.

If this happens, I need to apply my next renewal at-least 3-4 months before it expires. Also if you see the 1st EAD exp date 4/23/04. Means I lost about 3 months.

Instead, if my new EAD has issue date as 4/24/04 and exp on4/23/05. Than I don't lose any dates here.

Hope I did not threw you in to further chaos !!

got it!
my situation is different.
I have a gap in my EAD....
my current EAD expires in Mar 04. and the new one that I got in mail starts in May 04. I have about six weeks gap here.

so the tension:confused: :mad:

Chandra

What documents did you send for EAD renewal?
I-765 application filled up
Copy of I-485 receipt
Copy of present EAD
Check for $120
Two photographs

What else is required?
Please let me know.

Thanks

Now days noone got days lost in EAD... only few complained about same year expiration date error found . and most of them solved either sending back or visiting their near INS Local Office.

P.O.J