EAD v/s iEAD

drkamath

Registered Users (C)
around the 120th day after the EAD application, I got my iEAD card & INS promptly approved my EAD application a week after that...I believe from reading the postings here that there is a two stage AVM change here - first it goes, "EAD Approved, and card ordered - this takes 120-140 days" and finally once cards are posted, it changes to "application approved" type message...

My AVM shows the first stage...and Ive not received the card yet - am not worried abt it cos I got my iEAD - but I read of others who are saying they got their card (WACs around my WAC number & even later ones) and am wondering why my cards have not arrived...

Does INS delay posting EAD cards, if you got a iEAD which is fairly new?? I would be surprised if they did any optimizations or something here...or just messed up and really taking the 140 days?

any ideas?

planning to get iEAD

my WAC is - 02-210, RD- 06/17.

Since I have not received my EAD yet (even the VM has not changed) I am planning to get iEAD on 09/18.

What documents do I need to take? or is it worth waiting end of this month and see if my EAD might get approved? any suggestions?

For someone I know the EAD card was dated March 2002 and its validity started in March but it was mailed by INS only in May.

Re: planning to get iEAD

Originally posted by sri3440
my WAC is - 02-210, RD- 06/17.

Since I have not received my EAD yet (even the VM has not changed) I am planning to get iEAD on 09/18.

What documents do I need to take? or is it worth waiting end of this month and see if my EAD might get approved? any suggestions?

See link - http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=56315&highlight=iead

Is it worth? well, unless u r possibly getting laid off or running out of H1B time - else, just wait for it...Its taking abt 5 months of late to approve...

Sri3440: Please let us know Ur experience

Hi,

Even we havent received our iEAD card till date. We are planning to goto SFO on Sep.26th(after the 90 day period)in person to get the card.

So do give us any tips/experience that would of be help to us.

Thanks and good luck!

received my EAD

though my VM did not change, to my surprise, I received my EAD card on Saturday in mail, two days shy off of the 3 month period.

details:

WAC 02-210
ND- 06/17
FP - done, 06/26, VM says - results received, processing resumed,
AP - received on 06/19
EAD - receieved on 09/14

regards
S