EAD usage before & after 180 days.

clpgm

Registered Users (C)
Hi

1. If i use EAD before 180 days, what type of parttime jobs can i do, does it has to be in the same job category for which i-485 was applied or can i work in any field.

2. I would also like to know if I use EAD before 180 days to work on parttime, am i eligible to use EAD for changing the sponsoring employer after 180 days.

3. If my spouse use the EAD before 180 days, do i loose the H1-Status

I will appreciate if anybody can answer these queries for me.

Thanks

No Title

Q1. If i use EAD before 180 days, what type of parttime jobs can i do, does it has to be in the same job category for which i-485 was applied or can i work in any field.

A1. First, EAD has nothing to do with 180 days rule. You can start using it the minute you get it. There is no restricution on the \'type\' of job for EAD. You may use it for a job at IBM or at Burger King. There is no restriction on full time or part time job. You may use it for your suitability.

That said, pl. note that once you use EAD (either at your regualr job r at anotehr place for part time job), your H-1 is no longer valid and you shoud inform your H-1 employer. (they will make a copy of EAD for records etc.)

Q2. I would also like to know if I use EAD before 180 days to work on parttime, am i eligible to use EAD for changing the sponsoring employer after 180 days.

A2. As said above, EAD has nothing to do with 180 days. You are eligible to use EAD for another employer before or after 180 days. Note that CSC takes a stand that you should have worked for the your GC sponsor for at least 180 days before changing the job.

3. If my spouse use the EAD before 180 days, do i loose the H1-Status

Her H-4 (or whatever status s/he has) is lost, no matter when EAD is used, but your H-1 is still valid.