EAD urgent question

ram196

Registered Users (C)
I applied for my EAD/AP/485/140 on aug 4 2004 in VSC.My AP and 140 has been approved in Oct 2004. But my EAD has no progress.

My H1 visa is expiring in Feb 2005 1st week. I wud like to know if i cud reapply for my EAD again or shd i renew my H1?

based on my status inquiry in sep 2004, my status message changed as " On September 28, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.".

But no decision has been made till now , even after i have made another 2 status inquiry.

My attorney says that the above status message is an RFE and i am really confused. As per my lawyer, I wud not be issued an Interim EAD if i go to the local office.

I wud really appreciate suggestions reading my case.

Last edited by a moderator:
ram196 said:
I applied for my EAD/AP/485/140 on aug 4 2004 in VSC.My AP and 140 has been approved in Oct 2004. But my EAD has no progress.

My H1 visa is expiring in Feb 2005 1st week. I wud like to know if i cud reapply for my EAD again or shd i renew my H1?

based on my status inquiry in sep 2004, my status message changed as " On September 28, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.".

But no decision has been made till now , even after i have made another 2 status inquiry.

My attorney says that the above status message is an RFE and i am really confused. As per my lawyer, I wud not be issued an Interim EAD if i go to the local office.

I wud really appreciate suggestions reading my case.

Hi Ram,

Your lawyer might not be fully correct. I filed from VSC and RFE for new photo was issued and we sent new photos etc. Today after 97 days since filing for EAD, I went to local office and got a interim EAD.

So go ahead and try. Keep a copy of RFE also with you.

Thanks and Good Luck,
Pachya

Hi Pachya,

Thank u for ur suggestion. I am not sure whether the status message is a RFE, in that case still do i need to take a copy of my status message? and i wud like to know what other docs i wud have to take to the local office for IEAD?

Thanks
Ram

your message does not specify if the status you mentioned is for your EAD case number or I485 case number.

if the status is for your EAD application then your lawyer is correct
If you have a RFE pending on your EAD card from the service center, the local office may refuse to issue you an interim EAD card.

Hi

The status message is for my EAD. and as per what i read in the websites reg the status message displayed for my EAD is that isn't a RFE.

Cas the status message is " On September 28, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

which according to me is the message updated based on my inquiry to the customer service No.

But my lawyer says it is a RFE. whereas it is more than 3 months since the message was changed and there has been no RFE recd by my lawyer. At this instance, am confused.

Ram