EAD transferred to local office -- what do I do?

I485applicant05

Registered Users (C)
Dear gurus,

My I-485 was transferred to the San Diego office in May 05 for interview. I applied for EAD and Advance Parole renewal in Nov 05 and today just received notice saying both applications were transferred to the local office and that it will take several months to get an interview for that. Does this always happen -- that they transfer everything to the local office because my I-485 is pending there? The most important question is whether I can get an interim EAD/Advance Parole from the local office? I'd appreciate your comments and advice on this.

Thank you so much for the help.

We (my family) had similar situation, EAD aplications were transferred to local office after 2 months. Local office issued interview (for EAD) invitation, I went to local office next day I received invitation (to show up in like 2 weeks), and it was when my EAD was pending more than 3 months, I was hoping to get interim EAD. However they refused to give me interim EAD since my original EAD appl was approved (!), they told they issue interim only when original application still PENDING.... all my words 'I need it today! I am loosing new job because of that!' had no effect, they simply told you must come in 2 weeks and you will get it.
Well, I did come in 2 weeks and got it... backdated for about 2 weeks! job was postponed of course since I had to show EAD to get it.
I received my EAD approx 3 months and 3 weeks after I applied. My spouse applied 2 weeks earlier and it took exactly 3 months... so if you are lucky you will get it in time...

Thanks for the info Compass! Just for clarification, can I ask a few quick follow-up questions? 1) Did you mean when you first applied for EAD, it was approved, and this was your renewal? 2) Did you mean they sent you inview notice the second day after your visit?

Thanks.

EAD transferred to local office (Lincoln,NE)

Hi Guys, My EAD/AP renewal was filed (by attorney) in VSC but my I-485 is pending in NSC. And i live in New Jersey.
I saw online message today and it says my I-765/I-131 cases is transferred to the Lincoln, NE local office.

1) Why did they transfer to Lincoln when i live in NJ?

2) What should i do now? Because my EAD expires in May 06.

3) Do i have to take an appt. at Lincoln local office and fly down to Lincoln for EAD/AP?

Any similar experince pls share. Gurus, please respond.
I really appreciate your responses. Thanks in advance.

I made an infopass appointment and went to the local office after 90 days. I was able to get my interim EAD without problem, and it's good for 9 months.

I485applicant05 said:
I made an infopass appointment and went to the local office after 90 days. I was able to get my interim EAD without problem, and it's good for 9 months.

Hi I485applicant05,
I need the following information:-

1) Do we normally get the infopass appointment right away after 90 days passed?

2) Do we have to take 2 appointments for myself and my spouse?

3) What are the required documents (like receipt number, DL or old EAD) to get interim EAD?

I appreciate your response.

Thanks