EAD transfer

crystal_yajing

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know whether the EAD application is also transferred if the 485 is transferred to local office even if the EAD application was filed before the transfer date?

Surprise me

Do you mean NSC transferred your case to the local office even though you applied it before the transfer date? How long does it take for the local office to approve the case? Thanks!

crystal_yajing said:
Do you mean NSC transferred your case to the local office even though you applied it before the transfer date? How long does it take for the local office to approve the case? Thanks!

Yes. Here is the sequence of events

(1) My I-485 application was pending (for a long time).
(2) I sent in another EAD renewal application.
(3) Got notice about I-485 application was transfered to local office.
(4) Got notice about EAD renewal application was also transfered. (I got this notice like about 3 months after I sent my EAD renewal application.)
(5) Applied for interim EAD at local office (because of 90 days rule).

CC

Ead

My EAD was applied 2 months before the transfer of my I-485. NSC transferred my I-485 one month ago but not my EAD. My EAD is now pending for 92 days with NSC. I am going to the local USCIS office to get my interim-EAD.

EAD approved

My EAD got approved on the 92 day as per email! I cancelled my InfoPass apptmt for i-EAD! My I-485 was transferred from NSC to VSC and from VSC to Cincinnati on 12/04. 3rd EAD was filed at NSC in 10/04. EAD apprval without transfer 1/19/05.