EAD Timeline: Updated

arm25 said:
Hi,

thanks for your help and support. I got following EMail from CRIS. IT does not said any thing if a EAD card is being ordered or produced. But seems like it got approved. I will update once i receive it.

This case has been approved. On January 3, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Hi,

My understanding is that if you are applying for the EAD first time, you get two sets of email messages. The first one is what wrote above and the second set is something like that the card will be mailed to you once its ready. So, dont worry, you will get second set soon. :)

I dont know when did you apply. BUt, I applied for EAD on DEC 16 and I got approval and card mail email on DEC 29. :) Thats pretty fast at TSC. Ins't it.

-AJS

Hmm, that is strange since I only got the second email about "ordering a new card". I have not received anything about mailing out an approval notice. But then the online system is full of inconsistencies, so who knows.
AJS, your timeline for EAD is blazing for any service center. Looks like they feasted on steroids when approving your work permit :)

Hmm.. I spoke too soon :). I *just* got an email telling me about the "approval" of the case!. But this was my second email. The one about ordering cards came on 12/30.

arm25 said:
Hallo,

What time you went in? . I will post when i will get my Card. I have to join my job. I think we should communicate even after EAD card to track the Interview Time Lines.

Thanks,
ARM

At 10 a.m. and you? Talking about the interview, I got mine on Feb. 28, 06. And my RD for I-485 was on Sep. 15, 05. I got the letter a week a ago or so. How about you? When was your RD? I like the idea of keeping each other updated. It be interesting to see how long it will take for each of use.

Got my EAD Card

Friends,

I have got my EAD card yesterday Same Day i got Email. The EAD card was approved on Dec. 28 and its Valid Between 12/28/05 TO 12/27/06. Thanks for your help and support.

EAD Filed Electronically... OCT 03 2005
BIO/FP/PiC Done OCT 15 2005
Last Update OCT 27 2005
485 Finger Print NOV 25 2005
EAD Approved Email Jan 03 2005
EAD Received Jan 03 2005
EAD Approved DEC 28 2005
EAD Printed DEC 29 2005
EAD PostMarked Dec31 2005
Interview No News Yet.

To hallo,

Hallo,

I am glad to hear that you got your interview. My RD is Sep 20 2005 for I-485 and Notice Date is Sep 24 2005. So i can expect my Interview Soon.

Thanks for updating each other.

ARM

Krakow007,

Please let us know when you have received the EAD. I received an approval notice for the AP and EAD on Dec 27th but havent received either yet. Getting real worried they they may be lost in the mail. My ND was Oct 12th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your suggestion. However it does not make any sense whatsoever to sort by state/DO as EAD is processed at NBC and has one timeline for the whole nation (for family based cases).

P.S: Can you please edit your post and remove the table you quoted? It only clutters the thread. Thanks :)

What is the procedure ?

ari4u said:
Thank you for your suggestion. However it does not make any sense whatsoever to sort by state/DO as EAD is processed at NBC and has one timeline for the whole nation (for family based cases).

P.S: Can you please edit your post and remove the table you quoted? It only clutters the thread. Thanks :)

Hello ari4u,

Thanks for your reply. Can you breifly explain me the procedure as I am new to this. Or direct me to specific thread if you know.

I am on F1 status and my wife is waiting for the citizenship oath. When will I be able to apply for my Green card, EAD, biometrics etc.

My wife has already passed the citizenship interview but not taken the oath yet.

lively said:
Hello ari4u,

Thanks for your reply. Can you breifly explain me the procedure as I am new to this. Or direct me to specific thread if you know.

I am on F1 status and my wife is waiting for the citizenship oath. When will I be able to apply for my Green card, EAD, biometrics etc.

My wife has already passed the citizenship interview but not taken the oath yet.

You can search around this forum. There are numerous threads that relate to your situation. If you have specific questions, ask right away. Good Luck!

I have two questions

First question is, If all EAD are done at NBC for everyone then why do I see longer times @ San Jose DO.I mean is some part handled by local DO ?

Second Question is , Since my wife has already passed her Naturalization interview, Can we apply for my adjustment of status before her Oath.

lively said:
First question is, If all EAD are done at NBC for everyone then why do I see longer times @ San Jose DO.I mean is some part handled by local DO ?

You should look at NBC timeline for EAD in c(9) category.

Second Question is , Since my wife has already passed her Naturalization interview, Can we apply for my adjustment of status before her Oath.
No. She needs her naturalization certificate to prove that she is a USC. Till then she would be treated as a LPR and can only apply I-130 for you at this point.

NBC posted new dates today and i-765 moved from OCT 3 to NOV 18. Thats crazy!!!! never seen that type of fast movement before. (been checking AILA archives for NBC)..my ND is 11/9/05 and I have no fingerprints appointment yet (USCIS will schedule) .. what's going to happen??? I bet there is a LOT of people out there asking themselves the EXACT SAME QUESTION!

Received this weekend my appointment notices for FP and also I485 interview. Somewhat surprised to have received the interview date already, but pleased nonetheless.

Updated timeline below....

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my timeline so far:

ND for I485, I-130, I-131, EAD: oct 12th.
FP for I-130, EAD: Nov 3rd
Online approval of EAD, I-131: Dec 27th
Still waiting for physical documents to arrive for EAD and AP!

Getting real worried about the documents.

EAD Update

Hi,

Just want to update my timeline:

RD: 10/20/05
ND: 10/26/05
FP/Bio: 11/26/05
EAD approval: 12/22/05
EAD card in hand: 12/28/05

Good luck all!!