EAD Timeline: Updated

My lawyer mailed my forms last Tuesday (11/1) and they were signed for at NBC on Wednesday morning (11/2). Looking at people's signatures on this forum I see it is usually a few days between mailing and getting a "RD". Should I have received a RD by now (11/10)? Does it come as a letter? How long does it usually take to come? I just want to know people's opinions before I call my lawyer.

Thanks for any help, I'll post my timeline once it gets started!

j

It could take a couple of weeks before you receive your ND, but it will not delay anything. A way to check the progress, is to see if your checks have been cashed. It seems like the day they cash the checks is the ND +/- 1 day.

I finally understand the LUDs.....I didn't know that the Date changes in the case portfolio on bcis.gov. My I-765 and I-485 had LUD changes to Nov 3. Since I did my fingerprinting Nov 2, I believe that's a good thing. However, there was no new message in the status, only a Updated Date (LUD).
Does anyone have any experiences of approval shortly after the fingerprints have created an LUD change?

froddan said:
I finally understand the LUDs.....I didn't know that the Date changes in the case portfolio on bcis.gov. My I-765 and I-485 had LUD changes to Nov 3. Since I did my fingerprinting Nov 2, I believe that's a good thing. However, there was no new message in the status, only a Updated Date (LUD).
Does anyone have any experiences of approval shortly after the fingerprints have created an LUD change?

Froddan,

I think even after the LUD changes you still need wait because it really depends on NBC processing dates. As of 4th Novemeber they are still processing EAD's with Notice date of September 2nd.

My Notice date is 19th of september and i am still waiting, i didnt even have LUD changes after i had my fingerprints.

I think now for us who have done the FP is just a waiting game.

froddan said:
It could take a couple of weeks before you receive your ND, but it will not delay anything. A way to check the progress, is to see if your checks have been cashed. It seems like the day they cash the checks is the ND +/- 1 day.

I guess my question should have been is "RD" something you get from USCIS or is this what people say when they mean they know the date their package arrived at NBC (i.e., from confirmation from USPS/DHL etc)? Is ND the first communication you get from USCIS?

Looking at my account for cashing of checks. I'll be less worried then.

j

js1234 said:
I guess my question should have been is "RD" something you get from USCIS or is this what people say when they mean they know the date their package arrived at NBC (i.e., from confirmation from USPS/DHL etc)? Is ND the first communication you get from USCIS?

Looking at my account for cashing of checks. I'll be less worried then.

j

RD is when USCIS receives your package, not when USPS delivers it

ND is when your application is processed, verified, entered into their database and receipts are printed. Your checks are deposited and encashed around this time.

When you get your first receipts from USCIS, the RD/ND would be printed on them.

What are the OPTIONS if AP Not Received yet.

Hello Everyone,
My Question is what are my options if I haven't received any news on my Advance Parole Application.
I was in OPT thru F1 Status when I applied for Adjustment Of Status by marriage to USC and I-131 Advance parole
I have a receipt Notice Date for Advance Parole for July 12, 2005, applied at NBC or MSC.
The current processing dates by NBC as of Nov 4, 2005 is Sept 19, 2005. (that means my case is OUT of Processing Time by more than 70 DAYS)
I did first Referral on 1-800 # on Oct 7, nothing happened for 30 days Called back on Nov 7, they can only send 2nd Referral. So cant do anything else until Dec 8th. I have to leave by DEC 20. So what are my options here.
Any Suggestions and Directions would be of great help.
Thanks in advance.

Got my receipts today, please add me to the timeline

Forms mailed 11/1/05
Received date 11/2/05
Notice date 11/10/05

I may have to leave the US on a business trip from 11/16 - 12/06. If my fingerprint appointment arrives between these dates, how easy is it to reschedule the appointment? Is this something my wife can do in my absence? How much delay to my processing can I expect by rescheduling?

Thanks, j

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

ari4u said:
:) yeaahhh.... Finally!

I got two emails for my I-765.

1. From USCIS-CSSO: Nov 7
On November 7, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

2. From CRIS: Nov 9
This case has been approved. On November 9, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed.....

and the LUD updated twice with the above message on both dates. I probably should have the card sometime next week. :)

I got approval email on Nov 9 and EAD was in my mailbox Nov 12th. That was quick!

Im not sure if this is a standard thing, but does your EAD card have a red layer in between the white back and front side? I see it on mine... (you can only see a red stripe across all four edges of the EAD)

Just curious...

js1234 said:
Got my receipts today, please add me to the timeline

Forms mailed 11/1/05
Received date 11/2/05
Notice date 11/10/05

I may have to leave the US on a business trip from 11/16 - 12/06. If my fingerprint appointment arrives between these dates, how easy is it to reschedule the appointment? Is this something my wife can do in my absence? How much delay to my processing can I expect by rescheduling?

Thanks, j

Hi

Wow. my timeline and yours are exactly the same.. so did you get all your recipts in the mail or only I-130.

Uscis-csso?

undefined
ari4u said:
:) yeaahhh.... Finally!

I got two emails for my I-765.

1. From USCIS-CSSO: Nov 7
On November 7, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

2. From CRIS: Nov 9
This case has been approved. On November 9, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed.....

and the LUD updated twice with the above message on both dates. I probably should have the card sometime next week. :)

Ari4u

Does one have to register at some different website/webpage to receive emails from USCIS_CSSO or its the same as CRIS? Till now all my emails have been from CRIS.

Just checked my account. Both EAD and AP have been approved.

Thanks

Vikas

Last edited by a moderator:
vikas_chopra said:
undefined

Ari4u

Does one have to register at some different website/webpage to receive emails from USCIS_CSSO or its the same as CRIS? Till now all my emails have been from CRIS.

Just checked my account. Both EAD and AP have been approved.

Thanks

Vikas

Congrats on your approval.
I only registered at the USCIS website which everyone did. I got emails from both CRIS and USCIS-CSSO. Not sure how this process works :confused:

Can anoyne confirm if they see the red stripe on the edge of their EAD card?

Got an email notification of EAD.

RD: 9/13
ND: 9/19
FP: 11/16
EAD: 11/18, I got an email approval notification from CRIS. It says:

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On November 18, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you
a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Congrats

Mr. Bean said:
RD: 9/13
ND: 9/19
FP: 11/16
EAD: 11/18, I got an email approval notification from CRIS. It says:

Current Status:

Congrats MR Bean

I have the same Notice date as you have, Still no Email or anything on the website. Getting a little worried

approval YAY

EAD approval!! YAY

tdanley74

ND 09/17/05
Approval DT 11/19/05

Current Status:

YAY i'm approved.

ND 9/17/2005
FP 10/29/2005
AD 11/19/2005

Current Status:

Congrats everyone!

tdanley74 said:
YAY i'm approved.

ND 9/17/2005
FP 10/29/2005
AD 11/19/2005

Current Status:

Congrats to your approval all three of you!

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to receive the card in the mail after you are approved? Please send me your experiences.
Or could you go to a Service Center to receive a card after you have been approved?

Thanks

AP Approval but no EAD approval Yet

Hello All,

Just Checked my email and this is what i got for my AP

Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On November 21, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

But Nothing for MY EAD getting anxious as i have a job offer