EAD Timeline: Updated

NBC handles all I-765 applications that are family based (c)?
Why is there a timeline for the Service Centers' I-765 c(9) on the bcis.gov page then?
This seems strange, I thought the applications were sent to the respective Service Center.

Wierd

Hello Everyone,

Just called the FBI number to see if they had sent my Fingerprints back to USCIS. They told me that they sent it back on 10/27, the very same day i did the fingerprints.

Its sounds very wierd to me, do u think this is possible.

Plus my LUDS hadnt changed till date, still show 10/10

Is it possible that they can send the prints back so quickly, i had mine taken at 8 in the morning. Your input is much appreciated

Thanks

I don't think the status changes because you have completed your FPs. At least my status did not change.

froddan said:
NBC handles all I-765 applications that are family based (c)?
Why is there a timeline for the Service Centers' I-765 c(9) on the bcis.gov page then?
This seems strange, I thought the applications were sent to the respective Service Center.

This is my understanding

c(9) category has nothing to do with family based applications. c(9) categorgy means you are applying for I-765 concurrently with I-485 or based on a pending I-485. This means employment based GC applicants also fall under the c(9) category. They follow the service center timeline and family based GC applicants who sent application to the chicago lock box follow the NBC timeline. Hope this makes things clear

nitinkoka said:
Hello Everyone,

Just called the FBI number to see if they had sent my Fingerprints back to USCIS. They told me that they sent it back on 10/27, the very same day i did the fingerprints.

Its sounds very wierd to me, do u think this is possible.

Plus my LUDS hadnt changed till date, still show 10/10

Is it possible that they can send the prints back so quickly, i had mine taken at 8 in the morning. Your input is much appreciated

Thanks

Yes. FBI turnaround time is usually less than 24 hours (maybe max 48) to process your fingerprints. There "might" be a LUD the day you go for your FP. Dont depend on online case status updates. It has only proven to be totally out of sync with the actual case procesing.

Update

Hi guys,

Question, I actually got lucky and did FP by walk-in at an ASC yesterday, I called the FBI # today but they said they haven't gotten any FP w/that A#, anyone know how long it takes or does it depend on the usual myriad of policy/chance in this application process? :rolleyes:

I made an INFOPASS appt and went to my DO with an offer letter to find out if I could get an iEAD since I have a job that was supposed to start 11/14, which is earlier than the 90 days of 11/25. Alas, no such luck, however, the officer I spoke to was very nice and she said if it was a renewal EAD they could probably have worked with me to do something to get it(something for you renewal people to consider maybe?) But she was much more helpful than that 800 number i've been calling...

Also, she told me told me to go back for the iEAD based on 90 days from my RD, which is 11/22. I didn't think of it at the time i was there but the consensus here seemed to be that 90 days started from the ND, any thoughts?

meteora said:
Hi guys,

Question, I actually got lucky and did FP by walk-in at an ASC yesterday, I called the FBI # today but they said they haven't gotten any FP w/that A#, anyone know how long it takes or does it depend on the usual myriad of policy/chance in this application process? :rolleyes:

I made an INFOPASS appt and went to my DO with an offer letter to find out if I could get an iEAD since I have a job that was supposed to start 11/14, which is earlier than the 90 days of 11/25. Alas, no such luck, however, the officer I spoke to was very nice and she said if it was a renewal EAD they could probably have worked with me to do something to get it(something for you renewal people to consider maybe?) But she was much more helpful than that 800 number i've been calling...

Also, she told me told me to go back for the iEAD based on 90 days from my RD, which is 11/22. I didn't think of it at the time i was there but the consensus here seemed to be that 90 days started from the ND, any thoughts?

Hi Meteora

Usually the FP's go to the FBI as soon as they take it, its all electronic, I got mine done on the 10/27 and the FBI had already sent it back to USCIS on the same day evening.

My DO is Bloomington, MN they also said that the 90 Day period is from RD and Not ND.

Same situation here have offer letter but went twice already to DO. All they said was if it was a week before the 90 days they might have given the iEAD.

Let me know if you get approved for ur EAD before that

My 60 days is coming up soon anyway so watching very closely

iEAD & LUD Changes

nitinkoka said:
Hi Meteora

Usually the FP's go to the FBI as soon as they take it, its all electronic, I got mine done on the 10/27 and the FBI had already sent it back to USCIS on the same day evening.

My DO is Bloomington, MN they also said that the 90 Day period is from RD and Not ND.

Same situation here have offer letter but went twice already to DO. All they said was if it was a week before the 90 days they might have given the iEAD.

Let me know if you get approved for ur EAD before that

My 60 days is coming up soon anyway so watching very closely

I am in the same situation, will try to get an iEAD if I haven't heard anything when it gets a bit closer. My RD is 9/22/05.

What are the LUC Changes that you mentioned? Is that updates on your case on the website?

Keep me posted on how the iEAD goes.
Thanks

Thanks nitinkoka, I wanted to make sure she didn't make a mistake and said RD, I already made the infopass appt for that day to get it if i don't get the EAD by that time.

I saw your comment that your FP was received on the same day so I called the FBI number again and the lady just told me that the USCIS can hold the fp as long as they want before sending it to them :confused: I have no idea what that actually means or what the norm is so I just wanted to see if anyone else has had that experience...

Finally!! some action...

My EAD was approved Nov 7th. That makes me the oldest guy on the table with a whoppin 120 days from my ND.

ari4u said:
Finally!! An update to my case

Still cant see I-130 online
Two LUD's for I485 (Looks like my RFE response was accepted)
One LUD for I-765 (No status message change)
Was finally able to add I-131 now to my portfolio and I see it is approved...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeaaaah!

I really don't understand how this process works sometimes because after the FBI # told me this morning they don't have my FP results yet, I check my email an hour ago and there's email from USCIS saying

"On November 8, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

I'm ecstatic! Congrats to everyone else getting their approvals now and good luck to those still waiting, don't give up hope, this is a great place to share info and help each other out! :)

RD: 8/22/05
ND: 8/25/05
FP: 11/07/05 walk in
EAD approved 11/08/05

Question

Question for those who have received their EAD....

Does the date on the card say it's valid starting from the date your application was approved? I just want to make sure in case I don't get the card in hand by next week which is when I'm supposed to start working.

Thanks!

We haven't received our card yet. We were approved on the 18 of October and as of today (21 days later) we still have not received it. We have called the nice people 4 times now and they tell us to call them back after 30 days.

Need help on EAD RFE

Hi guru's, i am new to this thread. It looks like i can see more information on this thread. I have filed third EAD on 9/2/2005 for me and my wife. I got a email from USCIS saying that on 10/31/2005 they sent a notice asking for more information for both of our case. But i didn't received the notice yet for either of us.

My current EAD is expiring on Dec 20 2005 and i have to get my EAD or iEAD before that. Otherwise i cannot work in any visa, since i completed my 6 years and change the employer in WAD. Does any one has any idea about how long it takes NSC to make the decision based on my RFE response?

Since both of us got RFE, i am assuming it should be some kind of more document or FP or Biometrics. is there a way can i get iEAD when an RFE is issued/responded and EAD is not approved ?

Thanks

Van5152 said:
We haven't received our card yet. We were approved on the 18 of October and as of today (21 days later) we still have not received it. We have called the nice people 4 times now and they tell us to call them back after 30 days.

Van,

Are you waiting for the card before you begin work or have you been able to work already?

Congrats Ari!!

ari4u said:
My EAD was approved Nov 7th. That makes me the oldest guy on the table with a whoppin 120 days from my ND.

CONGRATS ARI!
Finally, you got it!!
Did you receive the message on the bcis.gov website?

froddan said:
CONGRATS ARI!
Finally, you got it!!
Did you receive the message on the bcis.gov website?

:) yeaahhh.... Finally!

I got two emails for my I-765.

1. From USCIS-CSSO: Nov 7
On November 7, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

2. From CRIS: Nov 9
This case has been approved. On November 9, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed.....

and the LUD updated twice with the above message on both dates. I probably should have the card sometime next week. :)

krakow007 said:
Congrats Ari4u, now you can peacefully go worry about your 485 :)

Thx :). I had two LUD's on my 485, the last one being Nov 1 with no message change. I was worried that i wont know if they accepted my RFE response, but after the EAD/AP approval, case updates and a bunch of LUD's, it looks like there shouldnt be anymore issues with the 485 :). I just hope if they schedule an interview, it should be the first week of Jan or after Feb as i wont be here for 3 weeks in Jan... Ill wait and watch.

Good luck to y'all.

I have miss-spoken. I believe they mail you a approval letter, with that letter you can goto you local Social Security office and then they issue you a SS#. I think. Anyone know if I am wrong? Any chance I can just walk into the SS Office with my MSC letter and they can check theirselves?