EAD Timeline: Updated

krakow007 said:
Ah, the online account. Got it. I already have one so I should be set. thanks Ari4u. BTW any updates about your EAD?

No updates on my EAD. Its been over 10 days since i sent my RFE response and still no updates on my online case status. I have my iEAD though.

On a side note... been having some legal issues with a non-competition clause (which most of use here would recognise) in my joining agreement with my current employer that prohibits me from joining my future employer. Both my future employer and current employer are battling over this issue and if it turns ugly, i guess ill have to step in and sue my employer. I know this clause is void in california but you can never be sure as employers lie and take you to court for a totally different reason. :rolleyes: Just thought id share this with y'all

Simpleseason said:
I received email from USCIS this afternoon which said that my cased was approved on Oct. 27, 2005. I wonder if I can start working now or I need to receive actual card to be able to work. As I understand, the working authorization starts on the case approval date.

My EAD renewal time line:
8/22/05 Efile RD, ND
10/18/05 FP appointment
10/27/05 EAD was approved online
Waiting to recceive EAD in mail.

You need to show your EAD to your new employer when you file your I-9. Most employers start your employment based on your assurance that your EAD is approved and you are yet to get the card and they would normally give you a week or two time to show your card. Good luck...

EAD Approved.

I just got EAD card mailed last night.
AND my online status is still;
"Your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was received on August 24, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

Thank you for all your help.

I-485/765/130

RD: Aug 21
ND: Aug 24
FP/Biometrics: Oct 5 (walk-in)
EAD Card mailed: Oct 31

Finally !!!!!!!

ari4u said:
You need to show your EAD to your new employer when you file your I-9. Most employers start your employment based on your assurance that your EAD is approved and you are yet to get the card and they would normally give you a week or two time to show your card. Good luck...

FINALLY !!!!! THE EAD HAS ARRIVED.

I was surprised to see my EAD in mail yesterday with an approval date of 10/22/2005. There were no online confirmations, straight EAD.

Now the wait is on for I485.

I'll keep you all posted.

Gladly
sameer

TimeLine

RD: 9/13/05
ND: 9/17/05
FP Date: 10/29/05 - both 765/485 were done but the 485 appointment wasn'd due till till 11/3/05 but i took both requests with me!

Waiting now.... for EADs and approval... :confused:

Thanks for your input guys. I will bring both notices tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

FP/Biometrics

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to let you know that I brought both FP notices to the DO today, and they were very helpful, took all the FPs, photo etc.
Apparently, they had a survey going on regarding the helpfulness of the staff, organization etc....that's probably why everyone was so nice, but thumbs up for that INS office (Bellflower, CA).
They noticed that my cases had different A#s, (I-485 had a new A#, and the I-765 had an old A#). I hope that wont delay things.

Good Luck to All of You!

FP Appointment not yet recd.

I have not yet recieved the FP /BIO appt.
Is it connected to EAD somehow?
What should I do everyone on thi s forum says Wait and Watch .
Is it the DO that delays or happens at NBC?
Place DEtroit

Applied :10/13/05 I 130/485/765/131 to Chicago Lock box

RD :10/14/05
ND 10/19/05

Hello ell_emm,
Your case is too young for you to be worrying about being delayed. In most cases the only logical solution in any case is to wait and watch. You can try calling the CS number to fix BIO appts, but most likely they are going to turn you down anyway. Even if you fix an appt over the phone, like other members here experienced, the AP center may turn you away since you dont have a letter.
Also on some other thread, someone was discussing that the EAD times are going up slowly especially that FP/BIO appts are coming in later in many cases.
I personally sent in my whole package end of last month and I still have not started worrying about why I have not gotten a FP/BIO notice. I have had two LUDs on my online status for EAD, but no letter or anything yet.
So just hang in there, it will come. If it is many months and you have heard nothing, you may always be able to do an InfoPass and check to see what is happening.

ell_emm said:
I have not yet recieved the FP /BIO appt.
Is it connected to EAD somehow?
What should I do everyone on thi s forum says Wait and Watch .
Is it the DO that delays or happens at NBC?
Place DEtroit

Applied :10/13/05 I 130/485/765/131 to Chicago Lock box

RD :10/14/05
ND 10/19/05

The timeline for receiving the FP/BIO appt letter off late has increased sharply and it now stands at an average of 10-12 weeks from the RD. If it is over 90 days from your RD and you still havent got your EAD or FP/BIO appt letter, you could get an INFOPASS and go get your iEAD. USCIS is constantly changing the AOS procedure so no one at this point know exactly what the next thing would be. You'll have to try it and let us know if they issue an iEAD without your FP/Bio. You still have a lot of time left for 90 days to be up and i know there are a few people here whose 90 days limit is approaching fast and they still havent got their FP/Bio appt. You may wanna wait and watch how things go with them. My 2 cents...

EAD info

Ari4u,

Just wanted to give you my info for the EAD Timeline chart.

RD: 08/09/05
ND: 08/12/05

So far, no FP appointment and any other communication regd I-765.

Thank you.

Service Center Timeline Question

It appears as the Processing Dates are updated every other week on the bcis.gov website. For example, as of October 30, the processing date for I-765 c(9) is September 15. This is supposed to mean that on Oct 30, they are working on cases that have a ND of Sept 15.
My question is, does anyone know, or have any experience on how long it will take from this date to actually be approved. I.e if my ND was Sept 15, when would I actually be approved and receive my EAD?

Any input is highly appreciated. My ND is Sept 23, in California, so my case should be processed now.

Thanks

krakow007 said:
Also if you have not done so already, create an online account and then monitor that on uscis.gov.
Thanks Krawkow007
What does LUds mean?
I already have an account and have added all the REcept numbers in there.
But it remains the same.

Hi guys,

I'm really going crazy waiting for my FP notice while other people with similar ND are getting their EADs already! I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to get an iEAD without the FP if 90 days go by and I still don't get anything. Has anyone heard any info about that?

Thanks!

I-785
RD: 8/22/05
ND: 8/25/05
No FP, RFE, nothing.

my thoughts

My dates are a week after yours but I have received the appointment, not the EAD. If you have time, try to go and do a walk-in at the center. Dont go when they are crowded, then you will have no chance of getting it done without appointment because they cant do yours before people who have appointments no matter how long you have been waiting.

If the center near you is always crowded, try to go to the next nearest center which may be less crowded. If they open at 8:00AM try getting there by 7:30AM and try to be the first one in, usually in the morning they are fresh and may consider getting yours done, but once they see 200 people coming in, they wont bother taking any more people than they have to. Some busy centers like New York, Detroit are heavily crowded every day, so chances of walk-in later in the day are very slim. I personally dont know how the crowd is in the evening before they close, but some people recommend that also. Depending on what time you can, try to go there. You may be turned down the first time, try going at a different day / time again. First you have to talk the security, and if they dont let you in, request them to let you talk to an officer by explaining your situation. Dont forget to take your ID and the receipt for EAD. Also if you take something like an offer letter, or a letter from an employer that says that you are basically waiting for your EAD, that might help. I dont know if you can get an EAD or iEAD without Biometrics, I have heard some conflicting information on that, so you may have to take your chances at your district office if you cant get fingerprinting done in 90 days.

froddan said:
It appears as the Processing Dates are updated every other week on the bcis.gov website. For example, as of October 30, the processing date for I-765 c(9) is September 15. This is supposed to mean that on Oct 30, they are working on cases that have a ND of Sept 15.
My question is, does anyone know, or have any experience on how long it will take from this date to actually be approved. I.e if my ND was Sept 15, when would I actually be approved and receive my EAD?

Any input is highly appreciated. My ND is Sept 23, in California, so my case should be processed now.

Thanks

Froddan,
You should be looking at the NBC timeline and not of the service center. Why? NBC handles all family based applications and service centers mostly handle employment based and other category applications. The current EAD c(9) processing date for NBC is 02 sep 2005.

Its Alive!!!

Finally!! An update to my case

Still cant see I-130 online
Two LUD's for I485 (Looks like my RFE response was accepted)
One LUD for I-765 (No status message change)
Was finally able to add I-131 now to my portfolio and I see it is approved...

woohhooo... This is turning out to be like a mirage in the desert. This time atleast something got approved... :D :D

Am i correct in assuming that email updates are sent "ONLY" when the case status message changes?

I really wish I knew how applications can differ so much though!!! Where one person sending the exact same forms in for the EXACT same application on the EXACT same date as someone else, can get there FP appointment in 3 weeks and the other person 10 - 12 weeks later. Makes NO sense whatsoever, as theyre not even close. And this is the frustrating aspect of it!!!