EAD Timeline: Updated

Thanks

Thanks joony215, I will try that tommorow. Keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully I will get a good CSR who will give me any earlier appointment date.

Waiting for EAD

I am still anxious waiting for my EAD. I had fingerprint done on 10/18/2005 and haven't got any update on my I-765 status yet, although NSC told me that I would be able to get EAD at the end of October. My potential employer has been waiting for me to work for a month now and I have to wait for EAD to be able to work.

Multiple FP Notices

How many FP Notices should you receive if you have filed the I-485 package with I-765, and I-130?

I received duplicate notices for my I-765, and now I received another FP Notice for my I-485 that is for a later date.

Do we have to take multiple FPs, or are you supposed to do it all at once?
Confused....

Multiple FP

froddan said:
How many FP Notices should you receive if you have filed the I-485 package with I-765, and I-130?

I received duplicate notices for my I-765, and now I received another FP Notice for my I-485 that is for a later date.

Do we have to take multiple FPs, or are you supposed to do it all at once?
Confused....

Froddan,
You do need different FPs for I-765, I485. For I-765, you need your photo taken, one fingerprint; for I-485, you need your photo taken and ten fingerprints. That is my experience.

Fp

Simpleseason said:
Froddan,
You do need different FPs for I-765, I485. For I-765, you need your photo taken, one fingerprint; for I-485, you need your photo taken and ten fingerprints. That is my experience.

Thanks for the Info. Just a bit strange that I have two different appointments for the I-765, Nov 2, and I-485 Nov 18. I thought they would take them all at the same time.....because I don't think my fingerprints will change in 2 weeks...:)

Has anyone else had two different appointments? Maybe I can convince them to do it all at once...Thanks again.

froddan said:
Thanks for the Info. Just a bit strange that I have two different appointments for the I-765, Nov 2, and I-485 Nov 18. I thought they would take them all at the same time.....because I don't think my fingerprints will change in 2 weeks...:)

Has anyone else had two different appointments? Maybe I can convince them to do it all at once...Thanks again.

I cant seem to find your RD and ND from your previous posts. Can you post them here so i can add you to that table? thanks

Unsuccessful FP....

Well I apparently have the worst luck in the world...I called the 800 number since I still haven't gotten my FP appt letter, and fortunately got an appt the next day for an ASC about an hour away from me. I get there the next day, wait in line and when I get inside, they told me I can't do it because I'm supposed to wait for my letter with the appointment time and how there's no bar code, blah blah blah! Argh! I don't get it, other people have gotten their FP done this way but it doesn't work for me, I guess it's back to waiting....

My info

ari4u said:
I cant seem to find your RD and ND from your previous posts. Can you post them here so i can add you to that table? thanks

Here is my Info:

Sent Package 9/21/05
RD: 9/22/05
ND: 9/28/05
FP Notice Received 10/13/05
FP Date: 11/2/05 Received Duplicate Appointment Letters for I-765--I received another FP Appointment Letter on 10/21/05 for my I-485, that was scheduled for 11/15/05--this is what I find strange. Shouldn't they take all the Fingerprints on the same day???

question about email contact

Hello All,
I see references to email from CRIS by different applicants. How did you specify the email id for USCIS to contact you on :confused: ? Was it filled out as part of some form or supplied to them elsewhere? Do let me know
Thanks
Regards

krakow007 said:
Hello All,
I see references to email from CRIS by different applicants. How did you specify the email id for USCIS to contact you on :confused: ? Was it filled out as part of some form or supplied to them elsewhere? Do let me know
Thanks
Regards

You have to setup an online account here to receive updates on your case via email. https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp

After you setup your account here, you can configure it to let you send emails whenever there is a status change with your case.

Ah, the online account. Got it. I already have one so I should be set. thanks Ari4u. BTW any updates about your EAD?

EAD was approved on line

I received email from USCIS this afternoon which said that my cased was approved on Oct. 27, 2005. I wonder if I can start working now or I need to receive actual card to be able to work. As I understand, the working authorization starts on the case approval date.

My EAD renewal time line:
8/22/05 Efile RD, ND
10/18/05 FP appointment
10/27/05 EAD was approved online
Waiting to recceive EAD in mail.

Simpleseason and all,

Congratulation!
Does new EAD application takes longer than renewal apllication?

I-485/765/130

RD: Aug 21
ND: Aug 24
FP/Biometrics: Oct 5 (walk-in)
EAD Approval: waiting...

Simpleseason said:
I received email from USCIS this afternoon which said that my cased was approved on Oct. 27, 2005. I wonder if I can start working now or I need to receive actual card to be able to work. As I understand, the working authorization starts on the case approval date.

My EAD renewal time line:
8/22/05 Efile RD, ND
10/18/05 FP appointment
10/27/05 EAD was approved online
Waiting to recceive EAD in mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD and EAD renewal timing

I don't think that the new EAD takes longer than EAD renewal. Last year I applied EAD with I-485 and it took about 2 months to get my first new EAD.

froddan said:
Here is my Info:

Sent Package 9/21/05
FP Date: 11/2/05 Received Duplicate Appointment Letters for I-765--I received another FP Appointment Letter on 10/21/05 for my I-485, that was scheduled for 11/15/05--this is what I find strange. Shouldn't they take all the Fingerprints on the same day???

I called USCIS on same issue, and I was informed that bring two FP with you on your first FP appoint to see whether both FPs can be done together.

froddan said:
Here is my Info:

Sent Package 9/21/05

Take both notices with you for the first appt. Most ASC's would take care of both FP same time.