EAD Timeline: Updated

I don't think it is possible to go without an InfoPass appointment.
I booked one a couple of weeks ago, and I got the very next day. Keep checking back to see what's available, the website seems to change constantly.

Update on my case:
9/21/05 Sent Application Package
9/22/05 RD
9/28/05 ND

Waiting for FP....

Best of Luck to You!

iEAD Tale

I had an appointment for iEAD 7:15 AM today morning and got there right on time. I was the second person to get inside the waiting room and i guess my reputation preceded from here. Everyone and their brothers who came in after me were called while i sat there staring at the officers and drumming my fingers. Finally i was called after two hours of patiently waiting. I found the officer at the counter a bit weird. I was observing him while I was waiting for my turn. He wrote with his right hand and when my turn came, he started writing on my application with his left-hand :confused:. His handwriting was illegible and i could see he was struggling to get some speed while writing. To top it, he messed up with my A#, todays date on the rubber stamp, the iEAD expiry dates and i had to correct him. :rolleyes: He reverted back to writing with his right hand after i left the counter. Then my pictures were taken and the cheapo, ugly version of the EAD card was printed for me. I can hardly see the print on it, but hey, im not complaining, something is better than nothing. MY EAD is still pending and no one knows why, but i guess iEAD serves the purpose for now. Those of you who plan for their iEAD, dont forget to get INFOPASS.

EAD approved email ...

today at 8 pm i received that long awaited email for the i-765 approval , the message states :

On October 3, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

I guess there would be another message saying that the card had been maied ... I had the iead and this one is approved now i wonder if that will not be a problem having two ead ..... I want to thanks every one for they contribution in this tread and hope that everybody could rpeceive their aproval email very soon . it took me 21 days after the RFE to have it approved ....

good luck every one ....

ari4u said:
I had an appointment for iEAD 7:15 AM today morning and got there right on time. I was the second person to get inside the waiting room and i guess my reputation preceded from here. Everyone and their brothers who came in after me were called while i sat there staring at the officers and drumming my fingers. Finally i was called after two hours of patiently waiting. I found the officer at the counter a bit weird. I was observing him while I was waiting for my turn. He wrote with his right hand and when my turn came, he started writing on my application with his left-hand :confused:. His handwriting was illegible and i could see he was struggling to get some speed while writing. To top it, he messed up with my A#, todays date on the rubber stamp, the iEAD expiry dates and i had to correct him. :rolleyes: He reverted back to writing with his right hand after i left the counter. Then my pictures were taken and the cheapo, ugly version of the EAD card was printed for me. I can hardly see the print on it, but hey, im not complaining, something is better than nothing. MY EAD is still pending and no one knows why, but i guess iEAD serves the purpose for now. Those of you who plan for their iEAD, dont forget to get INFOPASS.

Hi ari4u,
Could you please tell me what did they ask for when you went for the interim? Which receipts,....... etc.

optmo said:
Hi ari4u,
Could you please tell me what did they ask for when you went for the interim? Which receipts,....... etc.

Hi Optmo,
I was asked for these
1. INFOPASS appt letter
2. I-765 receipt (To check for 90 days iEAD eligibility)
3. I-485 receipt (for c9 eligibility)
4. Passport (for I-94 verification)
5. Drivers license
6. Completed I-765 form (They provided me a very old version when i got in, so you may want to take the latest version with you)

You may also want to take copies of your receipts with you as the officer would keep them for their records. They did not accept the photos i took with me. The instead took ADIT style 3/4 frontal view pics for the iEAD with their polaroid. This procedure might differ across different DOs so its advisable to take your photos with you just in case your DO asks. If you have an offer letter, you dont have to wait 90 days for iEAD. Thats about it.

P.S: Its a good idea to observe what the officer writes on the form as i pointed out errors on mine.

All, Its 90 days from the RD to be eligible for iEAD. I confirmed this with the officer.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Which DO did you go to ari4u

ari4u said:
Hi Optmo,
I was asked for these
1. INFOPASS appt letter
2. I-765 receipt (To check for 90 days iEAD eligibility)
3. I-485 receipt (for c9 eligibility)
4. Passport (for I-94 verification)
5. Drivers license
6. Completed I-765 form (They provided me a very old version when i got in)

You may want to take copies of your receipts with you as the officer would keep them for their records. They did not accept the photos i took with me. The instead took ADIT style 3/4 frontal view pics for the iEAD with their polaroid. This procedure might differ across different DOs so its advisable to take your photos with you just in case your DO asks. If you have an offer letter, you dont have to wait 90 days for iEAD. Thats about it.

P.S: Its a good idea to observe what the officer writes on the form as i pointed out errors on mine.

All, Its 90 days from the RD to be eligible for iEAD. I confirmed this with the officer.

Good luck!

Ari4u can you tell me which DO did u go too

And can you also anyone tell me if in bloomington, MN will the issue iEAD if i have the offer letter

Thanks

Nitin

nitinkoka said:
Ari4u can you tell me which DO did u go too

And can you also anyone tell me if in bloomington, MN will the issue iEAD if i have the offer letter

Thanks

Nitin

My DO is San Jose, CA.
As you can see from the table, a few got their iEAD well before the 90 day limit (some had their offer letters). Each DO has their own rules and Im not sure how your DO works but the best way to find out is to get an INFOPASS appt and go ask them for your iEAD.

Good luck to you.

EAD Professing Time

NSC is processing case on August 7 now. They update their processing time website every 15 days. I guess usually on Tuesday and Thursday.

Confused about processing times...

I'm a little confused about which office I should check for processing times for the EAD, do some applications go by the NSC times and some the local DO? I don't see where i can find this out on my NOA....

RD: 8/22/05
ND: 8/25/05
No fp or anything at all since...grrr

I couldn't even schedule an appt when I called the 800 #, they told me I just have to wait for my appt letter. So frustrating...at least I get to vent a little here =)

Rfe

I got RFE in mail today asking for birth certificate. I had sent 3 affidavits of birth with my I-485. Now, what does this RFE mean? the affidavits were no good? They were on official government paper with the notary seal. What is expected of me now? I have an INFOPASS appt on tuesday to speak with an immigration officer regarding this and if anyone had been through the same experience, pls let me know what needs to be done. Im not sure if preparing affidavits again and submitting would help as it looks like the ones i sent were not accepted for some reason. :confused: :confused: :confused:

What do you think?

Birth certificate

ari4u said:
I got RFE in mail today asking for birth certificate. I had sent 3 affidavits of birth with my I-485. Now, what does this RFE mean? the affidavits were no good? They were on official government paper with the notary seal. What is expected of me now? I have an INFOPASS appt on tuesday to speak with an immigration officer regarding this and if anyone had been through the same experience, pls let me know what needs to be done. Im not sure if preparing affidavits again and submitting would help as it looks like the ones i sent were not accepted for some reason. :confused: :confused: :confused:

What do you think?

Ari4u,
I assume you are talking about birth certificate. If the original document is not in English, you have to have the translated copy certified by the notary agent along with the birth certificate in its original language.

EAD processing time and FP appointment

meteora said:
I'm a little confused about which office I should check for processing times for the EAD, do some applications go by the NSC times and some the local DO? I don't see where i can find this out on my NOA....

RD: 8/22/05
ND: 8/25/05
No fp or anything at all since...grrr

I couldn't even schedule an appt when I called the 800 #, they told me I just have to wait for my appt letter. So frustrating...at least I get to vent a little here =)

Hi, Meteora,
Regarding processing time, I-765 based on pending I-485 (C(9)) are being processed by NSC, not local district office( I found out that from national customer service rep.)

Regarding finger print appointment, i had the same situation. I has ND of 8/22 and I have called NCS to ask for if I need to make appointment, they told me that I didn't need to if the notice didn't say. So I have waited until Sep. 20 to call again, that time I just called straight to make a finger print appointment. When the rep. asked me for the priority code, I said I didn't have one, the rep. made fingerprint appointment for me on Oct. 18th (New York state, New Rochelle) for the earliest. I haven't received any other appointment letter.

Simpleseason said:
Ari4u,
I assume you are talking about birth certificate. If the original document is not in English, you have to have the translated copy certified by the notary agent along with the birth certificate in its original language.

I had sent 3 notarized affidavits of birth from parents and close relatives in lieu of an unavailable birth certificate and all the affidavits were in english on official government paper with the official seal. There is no translation involved here. I have no clue as to why this RFE. :confused: :confused:

ari4u said:
I had sent 3 notarized affidavits of birth from parents and close relatives in lieu of an unavailable birth certificate and all the affidavits were in english on official government paper with the official seal. There is no translation involved here. I have no clue as to why this RFE. :confused: :confused:

Dear Ari4u

I am not knowledgable about the kind of RFE you recd. In 485 form instructions there is a section of law mentioned (provisions of secondary evidence found in Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), 103.2(b)(2). Below link will take you to details for the requirements of secondary evidence in case of absence of primary documents.

http://uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dll/in...mplates&fn=document-frame.htm#slb-8cfrsec1032

May be the documents, which you submitted didn't conform to what is mentioned. Hope this helps

Vikas

Thanks Simpleseason, last time I called i called to just make an appointment but the lady wouldn't let me because I didn't have some ASC number I think? I'm going to see what happens and call again next week, keep me updated!

ASC code

meteora said:
Thanks Simpleseason, last time I called i called to just make an appointment but the lady wouldn't let me because I didn't have some ASC number I think? I'm going to see what happens and call again next week, keep me updated!
HI Meteora,
You are welcome. ASC code on I-765 is usually 2, ASC code on I-485 is usually 3. Someone please corrects me if I am wrong.

vikas_chopra said:
Dear Ari4u

I am not knowledgable about the kind of RFE you recd. In 485 form instructions there is a section of law mentioned (provisions of secondary evidence found in Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), 103.2(b)(2). Below link will take you to details for the requirements of secondary evidence in case of absence of primary documents.

http://uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dll/in...mplates&fn=document-frame.htm#slb-8cfrsec1032

May be the documents, which you submitted didn't conform to what is mentioned. Hope this helps

Vikas

I spoke to a USCIS customer rep and according to her, i have to send the Non-Availability birth certificate. My case is a lil bit twisted. I have the birth certificate, my name is missing and my parents names are mis-spelt. When i was ready to send the forms, I called USCIS and asked what needs to be done in this situation and i was told not to submit the birth certificate as it would cause confusion and for me to only submit affidavits. Now im asked for non-availability certificate which i wont get as i already have a birth certificate. :confused: I have to now go through the whole hoopla of correcting my birth certificate so i can respond to the RFE. Got 80 days left...