EAD Timeline: Updated

froddan said:
How do you guys first find out about the Notice Date?
Do you first receive the Receipt Notice in the mail, or do the checks get cashed, or can you see it online?

THANKS!

When you send in your applications, you get a receipt notice from USCIS after a few days. Its called I-797C Notice of Action and you get one for each of the forms you submitted. This receipt would contain your Receipt Date and Notice Date.

???

Hey guys,

Can anyone help me please?? I got my iEAD, so I went to the SSA, applying for SSN. I was not in their system, they needed to send my copys of my documents to USCIS, to verify it. It can take several weeks.... Today I received an e- mail. USCIS approved my original I 765. On the 91. st day.
Are they gonna send me a real EAD? If they will, should I go to SSA again, maybe I am in the system already? Is this mess going to be ended one day? Am I gonna be a regular person ever?? :confused:

If one plans to go to DO after 90 days have elapsed from the RD, is the job offer letter still needed?

If the 90 passed the RD ,...

The interime EAD is issued if the 90 passed from the RD , i had mine that way ...You do not need the employment letter , all you need is to bring your i-485 receipt and the i-765 receipt plus a valid photo ID ( gov issued , passport , DL etc..) i hope it help ....

No FP still!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if it's something that's already been discussed...when I got my NOA for the EAD it told me to wait for a letter for my FP appointment, my ND was 8/25/05 and I still haven't gotten anything about an appointment. My last LUD was on 9/24/05 but there's been no changes to the message, it still says the "it's taking us between blah blah blah to process this kind of case....". This really stinks since we actually sent in everything 2 weeks earlier than the ND to begin with and now it's been over a month and still nothing!!

I'm seeing people post about scheduling appointments on their own and I'm wondering can anyone do that or does that only apply to certain situations/regions? Do I have to just wait until the 90 days are up if worse comes to worse before I can get an interim EAD? I'm in NYC so i expected to be waiting for some time but I guess I'm just really anxious since I have a job offer I thought I could take for the middle of october but now it doesn't look like it....this entire thing is really bumming me out.

Any advice is appreciated!

Fingerprint appointment

meteora said:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if it's something that's already been discussed...when I got my NOA for the EAD it told me to wait for a letter for my FP appointment, my ND was 8/25/05 and I still haven't gotten anything about an appointment. My last LUD was on 9/24/05 but there's been no changes to the message, it still says the "it's taking us between blah blah blah to process this kind of case....". This really stinks since we actually sent in everything 2 weeks earlier than the ND to begin with and now it's been over a month and still nothing!!

I'm seeing people post about scheduling appointments on their own and I'm wondering can anyone do that or does that only apply to certain situations/regions? Do I have to just wait until the 90 days are up if worse comes to worse before I can get an interim EAD? I'm in NYC so i expected to be waiting for some time but I guess I'm just really anxious since I have a job offer I thought I could take for the middle of october but now it doesn't look like it....this entire thing is really bumming me out.

Any advice is appreciated!

Hi,
I am facing the same situation. BTW, I am in NYC too. My ND for I-765 is 8/22/05 and I have been waiting for my fingerprint app letter but it never came. So on Sep. 20, 2005 I called nsc to make an app for fg. The earliest date I can get for fp is 10/18/2005 in New Rochelle. I asked how long I can expect to get my EAD, the customer representative told me by the end of Oct. or early Nov. because they were processing the cases with ND on 7/23/2005 the day I called. I already lost an offer because I told them I cannot get my EAD until sometime in Oct and the company cannot give me an offer without EAD.
You can try to go to NY district office with your offer letter to see if you can get an interim EAD. Anyway it doesn't hurt to try and let me know how it goes.

Interim EAD after 90 days of RD or ND

Hey Guys!
There seems to be some different ideas regarding the 90 day period to get the Interim EAD.

Apparently some of you have walked in and received the iEAD after 90 days from the receive date, while others argue that it should be from the notice date. The time between Recived Date and Notice day can be 1 to 3 weeks or more.....

Does anyone know for sure what the deal is?
Has anyone had problems getting the iEAD after 90 days from RD?
According to some posts, some people seems to have received their iEAD before 90 days of ND....

Thanks!

froddan said:
Hey Guys!
There seems to be some different ideas regarding the 90 day period to get the Interim EAD.

Apparently some of you have walked in and received the iEAD after 90 days from the receive date, while others argue that it should be from the notice date. The time between Recived Date and Notice day can be 1 to 3 weeks or more.....

Does anyone know for sure what the deal is?
Has anyone had problems getting the iEAD after 90 days from RD?
According to some posts, some people seems to have received their iEAD before 90 days of ND....

Thanks!

This is my understanding. All those people who received their iEAD before 90 days had an offer letter for a job and the only thing holding them up was EAD. In that case, their iEAD was approved same day.

All other cases are eligible to get their iEAD 90 days from the receipt date and not necessarily the notice date, though it depends on your DO. It is not specifically mentioned, but the 90 day count is from the receipt date. You can check with your DO to get the correct date. Look here http://www.roserix.com/interimeads.htm.

Urgent Help Needed

Hello everyone

I sent in my Apps on Sept 14th, and have a notice date of 19th on my reciepts.

I am applying through my wife as she is a citizen.

I recently got a job offer and was wondering if i could take the letter to the Field office and try and get an iEAD. Please Advice.

Nitin
App Recieved on 09/14/2005
Notice Date on 09/19/2005

good to know about offer letters...

Hi all,

I am in a very similar situation like Chigapo. It's been 78 days since USCIS received my I-765, and I haven't gotten anything. No RFE, no card, nothing. I have an offer letter from a prospective employer that is waiting for my card to be issued so I can start working. As u can imagine I am getting a little desperate here.

Chigapo posting has brought me back some optimism. I already made an appointment thru INFOPASS but it's for oct, 6th (no appointments available before). I wonder if I can just show up there before? Does anyone know if the Newark, NJ DO accepts "walks-in"? I have heard NYC DO does, but can I go there even though I live in Jersey?...

----
Application: I-765 filed concurrently with I-485

RD - 07/13/05
ND - 07/18/05
FP/BIO - 09/15/05

gmoney said:
Hi all,

I am in a very similar situation like Chigapo. It's been 78 days since USCIS received my I-765, and I haven't gotten anything. No RFE, no card, nothing. I have an offer letter from a prospective employer that is waiting for my card to be issued so I can start working. As u can imagine I am getting a little desperate here.

Chigapo posting has brought me back some optimism. I already made an appointment thru INFOPASS but it's for oct, 6th (no appointments available before). I wonder if I can just show up there before? Does anyone know if the Newark, NJ DO accepts "walks-in"? I have heard NYC DO does, but can I go there even though I live in Jersey?...

----
Application: I-765 filed concurrently with I-485

RD - 07/13/05
ND - 07/18/05
FP/BIO - 09/15/05

You can go to a different DO for iEAD, but getting it is not guaranteed. It is up to the officer wether to give the EAD to you or not. If you really need it and you have the offer letter, you might wanna take a chance. Good luck.

nitinkoka said:
Hello everyone

I sent in my Apps on Sept 14th, and have a notice date of 19th on my reciepts.

I am applying through my wife as she is a citizen.

I recently got a job offer and was wondering if i could take the letter to the Field office and try and get an iEAD. Please Advice.

Nitin
App Recieved on 09/14/2005
Notice Date on 09/19/2005
You definately can. But it is up to the officer to grant you the iEAD. If you really need it and have the offer letter then I would say give it a shot. Have the offer letter with you and be really nice to the officer. Good Luck.

optmo said:
You definately can. But it is up to the officer to grant you the iEAD. If you really need it and have the offer letter then I would say give it a shot. Have the offer letter with you and be really nice to the officer. Good Luck.

Has anyone tried this in Minneapolis

Thanks

Nitin

One-step Family Petition

Hello Everyone

I was wondering if anyone knew what one-step family petition ment. Does this mean spouse of USC.

Everyones help is much appreciated

Nitin

Checks Cash Date vs. Notice Date

Hey Guys,

My checks for the I-485 package and I-765 were cashed on 9/29.
Is this usually the same date as the Notice Date that will appear on the I-797 Receipt, or is the ND different from the Date that the checks were cashed?

Thanks Alot!

Got it!

Hello everyone,

Today, 80 days after the RD, I got an email from USCIS saying that my I-765 has been approved!

I was planning to go next week to ask for an iEAD, but it won't be necessary!... btw, I went to Newark, NJ DO today without an appointment, just to check if I could talk to an Immigration official, but the security personnel didn't allow me to enter the immigration office as I did not have an INFOPASS appointment for today... anyway, it doesn't matter anymore, coz they finally approved the regular EAD. Thanks God!

Thank you guys and don't lose the faith...

G.

---
Application: I-765 filed concurrently with I-485 (wife is American citizen)

RD: 07-13-05
ND: 07-18-05
FP/BIO: 09-15-2005
EAD: 09-30-05 (email)

Hi all, I got my email approval today!

RD 8/3/05
ND 8/5/05
FP 9/27/05
EAD (email) 9/30/05

Total of 56 days from ND. I feel lucky that my case met normal timelines after reading other horror stories.

Anyway, good luck to all and I'll keep updates coming as my 131/485 cases progress.

Later.

Did you receive fingerprint appointment letter

vandelay said:
Hi all, I got my email approval today!

RD 8/3/05
ND 8/5/05
FP 9/27/05
EAD (email) 9/30/05

Total of 56 days from ND. I feel lucky that my case met normal timelines after reading other horror stories.

Anyway, good luck to all and I'll keep updates coming as my 131/485 cases progress.

Later.

Congratulations!
I have a question to ask: did you receive a fingerprint appointment letter? If so, when did you receive it? Thanks.

Has anyone here applied an interim ead in los angeles and is it possible to go without an infopass?I think it's about time i took action cos the waiting is killing me...

ND 06/21/05
FP 08/10/05
RFE 08/12/05
LUD 09/22/05 on the 91st day but no change in the message my patience is wearing out. :mad:

Simpleseason said:
Congratulations!
I have a question to ask: did you receive a fingerprint appointment letter? If so, when did you receive it? Thanks.
Hey Simpleseason, yes I did get an appointment letter, without having called the USCIS - I received it about 2 weeks before the appointment. I hope that helps.