EAD timeline after RFE

Going to DO (Washington, DC) Monday!

Hey guys,

I have no idea if all this mess is about the RFE or not; however, I haven't heard anything from USCIS giving me a hope that I will receive my EAD at all. Now, I have an appointment on Monday (September 19th) in which it will be 100th day after Notice Date. If all goes well I shall be back to my job by Tuesday. My company has been great in this "non-sense, so called processing-time." They even kept my office untouched. The thing is, now I will have to work so hard to catch-up with my clients who I was neglecting all summer.

Since USCIS has totally failed to accomplish a very simple task such as extending an existing EAD (I was working on OPT) on time (It should not even take more than a week!!!), now I have no hope at all if the rest of the ride will be a smooth one. I guess it will take a very very long-time!

F1 married to USC filed I-130, I-485, I-765
May 14: [Day 0 ] Mailed the packet to LockBox
May 18: [Day 1 ] Received Date
June 08: [Day 22 ] Checks cashed
June 09: [Day 23 ] Notice Date
June 13: [Day 27 ] NOAs have been received
July 08 : [Day 52] RFE (I-485) *Supplemental to I693
July 27: [Day 71] FP&BIO done
August 01 : [Day 76] RFE completed and Mailed
August 05 : [Day 80] RFE Received by USCIS

Current LUDs:
I130 - 07/11/2005
I765 - 07/28/2005
I485 - 08/09/2005

huska said:
Hey guys,

I have no idea if all this mess is about the RFE or not; however, I haven't heard anything from USCIS giving me a hope that I will receive my EAD at all. Now, I have an appointment on Monday (September 19th) in which it will be 100th day after Notice Date. If all goes well I shall be back to my job by Tuesday. My company has been great in this "non-sense, so called processing-time." They even kept my office untouched. The thing is, now I will have to work so hard to catch-up with my clients who I was neglecting all summer.

Since USCIS has totally failed to accomplish a very simple task such as extending an existing EAD (I was working on OPT) on time (It should not even take more than a week!!!), now I have no hope at all if the rest of the ride will be a smooth one. I guess it will take a very very long-time!

Current LUDs:
I130 - 07/11/2005
I765 - 07/28/2005
I485 - 08/09/2005

Hi,
Hope everything went well at the DO!!! Can you please update us. How was your experience? What did they ask for? what was the outcome?

Aaaargggggh!

Optmo,

Yesterday as per my appointment I went to DO (washington, DC). I was surprise to see that they have way less people in there as customers than any DMV I have ever been...It's really hard to understand why they are so slow in handling our cases-the job they have to perform.

Anyway, all the dude asked me was the "NOA" and a "Driver's Licence." After spending couple of minutes front of the computer, he asked me if I have an application filled out. Luckly since I have got the information from Katia in advance, I had one ready to go already. So, he took it-he did not even look at it-and he approved it right there. I'm thinking "yeah that's how it should be!!!" Then he gave me a piece of paper. Briefly stating that "I have to go back to the same office on September 28th to get the card."

I said what the f*** he said that that's how they handle these issues! I said so can I go back to work tomorrow? He said "yeah if your employer lets you work with that paper you have than you can, if not until September 28 that's all you have..."

Also, the card will be issued for only six months; the remaining six months will come in the mail as it was supposed to...(I guess warning my employer that my previous EAD was expring and receiving a leave of absence untill a renewal card comes was a big mistake to begin with-I guess I should have continue working in between these stupid cards; damn).

Since I got him front of me, I asked him couple of more questions:

How about that name check and background issues? He said a DO can schedule an appointment for an interview even though the name check and background check has not been completed. So, if this is the case, then they can not issue a GC or stamp the passaport...I said why the hell in the world it would take for ever to complete a simple task like that-well you can imagine his answer, usual BS about us "immigrant" being in millions in numbers-so they cannot really handle it-total BS!!!!

Well, I went to work today! Happy to see everybody, and they were happy to see me. Right I was warming up where I left last mid-june, my supervisor came and asked me if I have received anything yesterday. I said, yeah-sure here; this is what I have. He said cool, and left. Came back 10 minutes later and said that human resources does not dodge that paper. Well my friend, I came back home before noon...

This whole thing is a big time BS. I am going back to DO tomorrow (without an appointment) and I will try to get that f*** card tomorrow. I have been trying to call customer service but no avail. After jumping sixty million steps at the end it says approx waiting time is 30 minutes-goodbye! WHAT?!

I am angry and already thinking about taking my wife and going back to my country. I'm tired of this.

Current LUDs:
I130 - 07/11/2005
I765 - 07/28/2005
I485 - 08/09/2005

Hi Huska,
Sorry to hear about your ordeal, but I hope things will be resolved tomorrow :) Have some patience man, at least you have a definate date when you will have the card in your hands. I still have nothing yet.
I was wondering, did they only ask for the I-765 NOA or did they ask for the I-485 NOA also? I just want to make sure to take all the needed papers with me.
Thanks

Hi Optmo,

The dude wanted to see the I485 just to copy my A#. As stupid as is the A# only appears on I485. Thus, it would be wise to take all of your notices, your passport (not needed but you never know), and also in order to save some time-fill out a new clean I765 to submit to the dude person when you get there. Whenis your appointment by the way?

Current LUDs:
I130 - 07/11/2005
I765 - 07/28/2005
I485 - 08/09/2005

Hey Optmo,

I am trying to understand this retarded, privitive so called processing times...There is no consistency in their work, so I have no trust to what they say, what they write, or what hey publish. As we can all follow via this web-site, people in same situations do get results quicker than the others, so why is that? What is the variable there to get those cases "processed" faster than the others? In my opinion, alien wifes' cases moving along faster than the alien husbands'. I don't know may be we should monitor that here, too. I think there is a gender favor here (favor is not being done to alien wife, yet it is to usc husband!!!!). I want to see if this the motive in this retarded, non-sense system.

Current LUDs:
I130 - 07/11/2005
I765 - 07/28/2005
I485 - 08/09/2005

huska said:
Hey Optmo,

I am trying to understand this retarded, privitive so called processing times...There is no consistency in their work, so I have no trust to what they say, what they write, or what hey publish. As we can all follow via this web-site, people in same situations do get results quicker than the others, so why is that? What is the variable there to get those cases "processed" faster than the others? In my opinion, alien wifes' cases moving along faster than the alien husbands'. I don't know may be we should monitor that here, too. I think there is a gender favor here (favor is not being done to alien wife, yet it is to usc husband!!!!). I want to see if this the motive in this retarded, non-sense system.

Current LUDs:
I130 - 07/11/2005
I765 - 07/28/2005
I485 - 08/09/2005

I don't think that the processing takes place by date but I think it depends on the officer handling the case. There will always be those super efficient types who move on well before the ND posted on their website, (very few of those at USCIS, it is a goverment job remember!!). And you will also find the super slow lazy snails (the majority) that take a lot of sick leaves and holidays. You get one of those and you're screwed.

USCIS received the RFE

Optmo

Thanks for tracking all the RFE cases. It's been a great help.

USCIS received the RFE today-09/22/2005. Can you please update the table

Thanks

huska said:
Hey Optmo,

Current LUDs:
I130 - 07/11/2005
I765 - 07/28/2005
I485 - 08/09/2005

i dont know if gender would be a case..cuz my husband is a USC..but again i dont know..prolly its a lawyer thing? i had a lawyer..again not sure! i m hoping you guys will get EAD soon! :) good luck!

Washington, DC -DO-

Two days ago we (me and my wife) went to the DO. The paper that day gave me asks me to come back next wednesday, but also there is a note at the end states: if you cannot make above date then please come any wednesday...

So we went. Of course they said it should be "after" not "before" your scheduled date...

We said this paper does not say that.

Anyway, I still sitting home and waiting for next Wednesday (september 28th). Also, does anybody know is there anything we need to do after receiving IEAD? Because my DO is only giving for 6 months. Now I don't understand what will happen to the other the portion. DO says I will receive in the mail, but they couldn't issue the real thing in the first place...

Our journey began with too many obstacle, we'll see how this will dance around us...

Have a good weekend.

Current LUDs:
I130 - 07/11/2005
I765 - 07/28/2005
I485 - 08/09/2005

optmo said:
I don't think that the processing takes place by date but I think it depends on the officer handling the case. There will always be those super efficient types who move on well before the ND posted on their website, (very few of those at USCIS, it is a goverment job remember!!). And you will also find the super slow lazy snails (the majority) that take a lot of sick leaves and holidays. You get one of those and you're screwed.

Hey Optmo,

You're right! My biggest client is Federal government. I sure do know how they work...I think our case in the hands of one of those fed.snail.slascker' hands. We'll keep praying for fair waiting times and for actual decisions.

Current LUDs:
I130 - 07/11/2005
I765 - 07/28/2005
I485 - 08/09/2005

Optmo, Meers;

I hope you guys are in safe place away from harms of Rita. And this goes for everybody resides in TX, LA states.

Be safe.

Hus

Current LUDs:
I130 - 07/11/2005
I765 - 07/28/2005
I485 - 08/09/2005

huska said:
Optmo, Meers;

I hope you guys are in safe place away from harms of Rita. And this goes for everybody resides in TX, LA states.

Be safe.

Hus
Thanks for your concern. I actually had to evacuate to a nearby town. A 3 hour drive that took me 18 hours (kinda reminds me of USCIS-NBC processing rate :confused: )

Oh wow.. I never thought this day would arrive but I FINALLY got approved for my EAD and AP. I got my email tonight. THey are working on cases so you should be hearing soon from them soon.

kilonzi said:
Oh wow.. I never thought this day would arrive but I FINALLY got approved for my EAD and AP. I got my email tonight. THey are working on cases so you should be hearing soon from them soon.
Congrat's kilonzi,
Hope our cases will be approved soon. Did anyone else receive anything? Did NBC stop working on applications or what :confused: :mad:

I got my approval email tonight ....

Hey i got the magic email today and it was 21 day after they received my response to the RFE :

On October 3, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Thanks everybody for the huge experience in this tread , specialy Optmo i hope your next ......they just want us to be patient i guess .

good luck every one ....

RFE: Special Mailing Envelope??

Apologies for the multiple posting, but i realised everyone here has experienced the pain of getting an RFE and could help me out... Here is my question.

I got an RFE for my birth certificate and i am now responding to it. On the USCIS website, i was reading instructions on how to respond to an RFE and i came across this section.

NOTE: IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT THE LETTER REQUESTING EVIDENCE BE RETURNED WITH THE EVIDENCE AND THAT THE SPECIAL MAILING ENVELOPE PROVIDED BE USED. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL DELAY PROCESSING OF THE CASE AND MAY RESULT IN A DENIAL DUE TO ABANDONMENT. Evidence submitted without the letter and/or proper return mailing envelope will be difficult to match up with the pending case and may be treated as general correspondence.

Now, i have the yellow RFE letter from USCIS which i will include, but i did not get any special mailing envelope from USCIS. Also, the RFE letter does not mention anything regarding an envelope and only asks to include the letter with the requested evidence. Those of you here who got an RFE, did you get this special envelope? Those of you who dint, how did you go about this?
:confused: :confused:

Appreciate your feedback

I had a RFE but never heard of...

I received a RFE they only asked to return the letter and that was a yellow one too . I never heard about a special enveloppe . I`ve sent back the evidence and everything went fine . But it is important to send the evidence with the letter before the date requested . Hope it helps .