May 18: [Day 1 ] Received Date
June 08: [Day 22 ] Checks cahsed
June 09: [Day 23 ] Notice Date
June 13: [Day 27 ] NOAs have been received
July 08 : [Day 52] RFE (I-485) *Supplemental to I693
July 27: [Day 71] FP&BIO done
August 01 : [Day 76] RFE completed and Mailed
August 05 : [Day 80] RFE Received by USCIS

As you can see September 9th is the 90th day for I765 to be approved. Nevertheless, I don't thing this will happen. Our DO is Washington, DC and there is noway that I can get an appointment via INFOPASS. My job is still waiting for me to go back. Stressing big time here-but waiting...

Regards

Njexpress EAD approved

I got my EAD approved online yesteray 08/30/05. Hopefully I will get it in mail soon

Hello Optmo

I just sent the RFE to the USCIS this morning and it is expect to reach them in 2 or 3 days . Please add it to your list . Thank you .

njexpress said:
I got my EAD approved online yesteray 08/30/05. Hopefully I will get it in mail soon
Congrat's njexpress, Your message really gave me hope. Hopefully my approval and the approval of all the people with a June ND will be coming soon.

huska said:
Optmo please add me to the list as I am in the same boat:

As you can see September 9th is the 90th day for I765 to be approved. Nevertheless, I don't thing this will happen. Our DO is Washington, DC and there is noway that I can get an appointment via INFOPASS. My job is still waiting for me to go back. Stressing big time here-but waiting...

Regards
Huska, as you can see from the time table, the delay in EAD approval after an RFE is mixed. Some people experience some delay and some don't. I really tried to figure out why is that but I could not find anything in common between these two groups. Lets hope that you belong to the first group.

ENOUGH!!!! Got my EAD in DO Office today

I was tired of waiting. I went to the DO this morning and got my EAD. Actually, I went yesterday first, but I could not wait for a long time (like I waited for my AP 9 HOURS - no food, no drinks, etc) and I just wanted to find out if I can apply already (90 days passed since the received date but not since notice date). Anyway, I was going to go today. Yesterday I met the nastiest person on the Earth, that officer was yelling at us, raising hands, and calling us names. We did not do anything wrong. ANYTHING at all. We did not even explain why we were there. That was shocking. I just turned my back on him and left telling him that I do not to want deal with him at all. And why should I? I know a lot of people would not do that, because he is a chain in "our destiny", and that is why he is abusing his power so much. I am the human being, not a piece of junk, like he treated us. I came back today and it was pretty easy. 2 and 5 hours and I was done. My last name had a misspelling (the one that was on my receipt and despite the fact I called them and send them a letter about the typo it was never corrected). I sent them some copies so they would correct the typo as the officer suggested. The main thing is that I can use the card and I can continue my work without violating any laws.
So despite any bad experiences I am very happy. Do not worry... NBC might take some time.... We all know they are slow. If you really-really need it go to DO they will issue it.
I wanted to share my experience and thank you all for support and your help.

Forgot something!

My card is not for 3 montns. It expires in May... It does not seem like a temporary one.

katia said:
My card is not for 3 montns. It expires in May... It does not seem like a temporary one.
Congrat's Katia, could you please tell us what papers they asked for at the interview and what kind of questions did they ask?

It was much easier than just waiting for nothing. Anybody who needs work permit - go for it. F.e. they show that processing dates are July 5th.... What?
I brought a copy my receipt I-765, a copy of my receipt I-485. I filled out the application (I-765) that they gave me. This is it. They do not need anything else, because they follow the procedure. No questions. Unless you were approved in NBC by that time (in this case you should wait for their response), you will get it at DO. After they looked through the papers, which took around 2 hours, I had to sing the card and give my fingerprint. Then they took a picture and the card was ready in a minute.
Good luck to everyone.

katia said:
It was much easier than just waiting for nothing. Anybody who needs work permit - go for it. F.e. they show that processing dates are July 5th.... What?
I brought a copy my receipt I-765, a copy of my receipt I-485. I filled out the application (I-765) that they gave me. This is it. They do not need anything else, because they follow the procedure. No questions. Unless you were approved in NBC by that time (in this case you should wait for their response), you will get it at DO. After they looked through the papers, which took around 2 hours, I had to sing the card and give my fingerprint. Then they took a picture and the card was ready in a minute.
Good luck to everyone.
Thanks Katia,
I am sure all of you have noticed that NBC has a new processing date,ND of JULY 05 for I-765 Employment authorization. The last processing date was published on August 18th and they were processing applications with an ND of July 30th????
This means it took them 20 days to process applications for only 5 days ahead of the previous processing time. It is just outrageous.

optmo said:
Thanks Katia,
I am sure all of you have noticed that NBC has a new processing date,ND of JULY 05 for I-765 Employment authorization. The last processing date was published on August 18th and they were processing applications with an ND of July 30th????
This means it took them 20 days to process applications for only 5 days ahead of the previous processing time. It is just outrageous.

Well.. eventhough the processing date showed 30 jun 2005 last week, they aprpoved 3 applications with ND of 6 July on 31 Aug. The processing dates are not reliable anymore and i think they are only approximate, far from being accurate.

ari4u said:
Well.. eventhough the processing date showed 30 jun 2005 last week, they aprpoved 3 applications with ND of 6 July on 31 Aug. The processing dates are not reliable anymore and i think they are only approximate, far from being accurate.
My comment was in relation to people with RFE, since if they are processing applications that are 30 past someone's ND then you can call them on the national # and they initiate and inquiry (at least that is what they say).

My RFE is received by USCIS today

I had an email confirmation of delivery for my RFE(affidavit of support) today , they received it today at 3:30 pm now the real waiting starts .

This is interesting. My LUD changed yesterday but there was no update to the message online. I guess someone has been looking at the application.

kilonzi said:
This is interesting. My LUD changed yesterday but there was no update to the message online. I guess someone has been looking at the application.
Kilonzi,
This might actually be good news. I know of one user with the same thing happening to him and he/she got the EAD card in the mail a week after the LUD. Here is his quote:
Noob75 said:
It keeps getting better. I found my EAD card in the mail this afternoon. Date on it says 09/02 whereas e-mail said approved on 09/07. Anyway, can't complain. Notice that the LUD on my i-765 changed to 09/02 without any updated info, so if anyone sees the same thing, it means that your EAD was approved and is being mailed.

Again, thanks and good luck to everyone in this and other threads.

optmo,

Any updates on your case? You should be hearing something soon. My LUD changed again but no new message.

I had a LUD today on my i-485

They update the message on my i-485 case to :

On September 12, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. But they did not touch the I-765 it has the same date of 7/5/05 . I guess they are working on the i-485 and hope for an approval soon .....

kilonzi said:
optmo,

Any updates on your case? You should be hearing something soon. My LUD changed again but no new message.
No not yet. It is driving me nuts. NBC is going really slow lately, I am not sure why!!!!!!!.
The LUD change but no new message means internal processing, hopefully that is good news.

philaug28 said:
They update the message on my i-485 case to :

On September 12, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. But they did not touch the I-765 it has the same date of 7/5/05 . I guess they are working on the i-485 and hope for an approval soon .....
This is the typical message you get when USCIS guys receive anything after the application. It does not mean much really and the dates on the message do not reflect any processing time. It is just a preformated letter that they send. I do not mean to bum you out but the processing could be either earlier or later than the dates indicated. Lets hope earlier :)

Successful interim EAD atempt ....

Everyone who receive a notice 797 for employment authorization if 90days passed from the receive date you could could ego ahead and apply in your local immigration office for an interim , I went at the 26 federal plaza in NYC today and show them that i have 90 day from the filing date (receive date ) and all it took is to give proof of qualification . ( they asked for the receipt of i-485 for c09 . Man it was about time to have that card in my hand i encourage every one to try this experience . They told me that the originald EAD should be arriving soon , the clock as been reset from a month on it because of RFE ( intead of the june category it would be consider as july ) man i hope they right . By the way the card is valid for 8 months . exp on may 2006 .