EAD Timeline After RFE - continued

Ok, this is me doing the happy dance o*&%*&%&^$#%$(*(&^**^$^%#%$*&^*&^(^

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On July 10, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Hopefully - AP will follow suit.

I am feeling a little left out. My las LUD for EAD was 5/23/06. I have my interview soon and I hope that is not why they are holding my EAD. I hope I get it this week.
Congrats someitguy. Have fun in the work environment.
So what date should I bet on getting my approval?

Someitguy, congratulations! :)
Chokolat, maybe you should go to your DO and ask too... isn't it almost 90 days from your ND now?
Even though I've got an iEAD, I'm still worried about what is taking my real EAD so long... I hope it doesn't mean other complications?!

I called the 1800 number for USCIS and the guy was so nice. He said he will put in a request for them to let me know what's taking so long. He said it could be even a month before I hear anything. It's two weeks before my interview. My 90days will be in August 1st hehe.

Congrats someitguy! I know the feeling. :D Hope you get the AP too. I definitely thought you would have gotten that long before the EAD.

Running_Swede: You had Native language BC Issue, while i didnt submit BC atall with my initial documents.. I Doubt, if BC itself is mising, then it takes long time.

Stats show only 2 more persons... Patty and Kevinglenn ...

So i wanted to confirm, what was Patty's exact reason for RFE. and see she too hasnt heard back anything till now.

running_swede said:
Not true. I gor an RFE for BC as well, and my EAD was approved on day 67.

I submitted a certificate of descent, which is considered more official than the regular BC in Germany. But since it didn't say "Birth certificate", they requested it again.
I guess they considered it missing too.

I don't know what to think.
I just hope my interview in two weeks will go smooth. :)

Thanks Patty. Then my assumption is correct, people with missing BC RFE are even more behind the people who were requested for BC Translation or other documents.

Well i dont understand, Immig guys had been doing this from years, and still dont understand, what are official documents in respective countries.

Anyways, wish you good luck.

Thanks.
Singh

patty579 said:
I submitted a certificate of descent, which is considered more official than the regular BC in Germany. But since it didn't say "Birth certificate", they requested it again.
I guess they considered it missing too.

I don't know what to think.
I just hope my interview in two weeks will go smooth. :)

Hello everyone on this thread,

I know that there is RFE-EAD Timeline chart in the first page, but my case is slightly different and I wanted ask you all about my situation.

Some of you know already from my previous thread that I have waited 90 days from the day I filed my packet to receive my iEAD at a local office. However, a couple of weeks later, I received a letter of RFE, which states that I am not eligible for iEAD until 90 days after USCIS receives my evidence. In regards to my original iEAD, I kept it, since if I go to a local office to ask them if I can still keep my iEAD with the RFE letter stating that I am not eligible, then, of course, they would take away my iEAD.

So, here is my situation... I have sent in the evidence they asked for and below is the message on the uscis webpage under my case.

"On June 12, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates."

So, I am here wondering, if I was supposed to receive a confirmation letter saying that they received my evidence.

Also, it states in the message that "remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated". I wanted to if there are anyone who experienced this type of case and was able to receive their EAD before the 90 day period came.

Thank you for reading my long post and any help you can provide.

You got an iEAD? They will not take it away. The 90 days after receipt is obviously not strictly enforced (see Patty's case). Just keep the iEAD. You are not doing anything wrong.

The online confirmation you got is the standard one and the only one you will get. Several people here have received their EAD within 90 days of ND even with RFE (myself included). Since you already have an iEAD, this should not concern you anymore. You just need to wait for your interview letter. Hopefully you will have your GC before the iEAD expires.

Thanks runnin_swede,

I guess my concern now is that my iEAD expires in mid August, but the 90 days ND with RFE will not come until mid Septemper...

So, what do you think I will receive next if my evidence was good enough?
real EAD? interview letter?

waiting for EAD

I had an LUD on my EAD 7/7/06 but nothing has happnened since then.
seems like people who sent the RFE around the same time as me which is May 26th , at least some of them have received their ead.
I was hoping that I will receive within 2-3 days of the LUD at least an email notification for approval.
I went for info pass appt on my FBI pending check-------------same answer :D still pending
it has been 4 months since interview and 8 months since application............

tm12881 said:
Thanks runnin_swede,

I guess my concern now is that my iEAD expires in mid August, but the 90 days ND with RFE will not come until mid Septemper...

So, what do you think I will receive next if my evidence was good enough?
real EAD? interview letter?

I hope this Reference might help......
According to
Sec. 103.2 (b)(10) (http://www.uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dl...4/slb-12624?f=templates&fn=document-frame.htm)

(ii) Effect on interim benefits. Interim benefits will not be granted based on an application or petition held in suspense for the submission of requested initial evidence, except that the applicant or beneficiary will normally be allowed to remain while an application or petition to extend or obtain status while in the United States is pending. The Service may choose to pursue other actions to seek removal of a person notwithstanding the pending application. Employment authorization previously accorded based on the same status and employment as that requested in the current application or petition may continue uninterrupted as provided in 8 CFR 274a.12(b)(20) during the suspense period.

Pipitastro

pipitastro said:
Hi Patty, how can I put my timeline in your post? Thx

Hi Pipitastro,
Guess what, we got the same ND. What was yout reason for RFE, I got my RFE on 6/16/06 (translation of BC) and they had it on 6/23/06. Have you sent yours yet?
I am hoping to get approved by the end of next week :) , it would be an awesome birthday gift :D

Patty can u update the table under my name for RFE, they received it on 6/23/06..THANKS!!!!!

Singhsmiles said:
I hope this Reference might help......
According to
Sec. 103.2 (b)(10) (http://www.uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dl...4/slb-12624?f=templates&fn=document-frame.htm)

(ii) Effect on interim benefits. Interim benefits will not be granted based on an application or petition held in suspense for the submission of requested initial evidence, except that the applicant or beneficiary will normally be allowed to remain while an application or petition to extend or obtain status while in the United States is pending. The Service may choose to pursue other actions to seek removal of a person notwithstanding the pending application. Employment authorization previously accorded based on the same status and employment as that requested in the current application or petition may continue uninterrupted as provided in 8 CFR 274a.12(b)(20) during the suspense period.

Thank you, Singhsmiles. Now, all I'm hoping for is to receive my real EAD before my iEAD expires.