EAD : Stop Payment

kirankumarj

Registered Users (C)
Not to irritate anyone with this question : Do you think it is ok to put a stop payment on the latest EAD Filed applications?

Not to irritate anyone with this question : Do you think it is ok to put a stop payment on the latest EAD Filed applications?
Interesting thought for sure :D
I don't think it would harm you in any way if you actually did that.

Most banks charge around $25 or 30 to do a stop payment.

Come back & let us know how it went :D :D

Confirmed with Customer Rep

It is a valid procedure. No harm in stopping the cheque.

She suggested that I write a letter indicating why I would like to withdraw the application and the reason for stopping the Cheque.

what number did you call to talk to Rep?

Hi,
I also applied my EAD ext and I would like to know how to withdraw it. I got my approval the day I sent my EAD docs thru UPS. Please tell me what did you say to Rep on your phone conversation.

Thanks.

Forget about calling rep

Buddy,

You don't have to call them. Just place the stop on cheque and write a letter to service center wherein you sent your EAD Application.

I was telling that I called cust rep and confirmed about the process. She didnt take any specific details about mine to mark her system about the stop.

Dont do that!!!
They will send it to collections.Not regular collections there is a department in INS it is called govt. collections.Once it goes there it takes years to clear that.I am a INS collections victim for 3 months for nothing.Only mistake i did was paid through credit card dont know what happened to it.I faxed credit card statements so many time and my lawer called couple of time it is a big headace.DO NOT CANCELL THAT---GIVE THEM TIP--THINK THAT WAY,

Double confirmed

With another CSR today. You could just send in your copy of Welcome Notice/GC along with latest EAD Receipt(if you have) and request to withdraw the application.

Why would we want to spend 7 or 8 hundred dollars if it is not required?