EAD Signature Card: Needed or not ?

gclenahai

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for the renewal of my EAD.

I remember that last time when I applied for EAD my attorney semt me a "EAD Signature Card" having two boxes one for signature and other for fingur print.

Now company attorney told me that EAD Signature Card is no longer required for any EAD applicant and only EAD application is required?

Is this true? or I need to attach the EAD Signature Card with my EAD application.

gclenahai
EAD valid till : June 03
I-485 ND: Jan 02

you dont need signature card. INS would
scan signature from application itself.
Sign with black pen on application itself

Thanks rgk.

Someone has some more info who has applied EAD and didin't use signature card?

Does INS published any guidelines in this regard? In link to that?

Q 16 in EAD form: Eligibility Categories:

Q 16 in EAD form: Eligibility Categories:

For employment based EAD I feel category should be C 9

There are 3 seperate brackets in form for that question to answer. How should i fill that:

(C)(0)(9) or (C)(9)() or I need to fill C 9 in blank space.

Please advise..?

got RFE for signature card

According to current requirements, the signature card is no longer required. But the bozo that processed my EAD application sent me an RFE for signature card and delayed my case by a couple of months. What are the odds that yet another bozo processes your application....considering that this is the INS...more that 50% for sure

If it doesn't hurt to send it...send it. You have nothing to loose.

-madman
PS: my wife didn't get RFE for signature card !!!

How can I make finger print on the Signature Card myself?
And where exactly is the Signature Card form.?
I did not find it among the list of INS forms.

I just talked to an IIO at 800-375-5283 and she said
"please do not send EAD signature card with EAD app"

doesn't matter what anyone says

what do you loose by sending the signature card. they will just tear it up or ignore it.

my lawyer also said that signature card wasn't reqd. I also called to check and got the same answer. Three months after application for EAD, I got RFE for signature card. After response, it took another 2 months to get EAD.

when renewing my EAD, I am sending signature card no matter what anyone says...I suggest you do the same

lawyer tells me that the signature card requirement was only changed recently ( in INS timelines ). officers there are used to doing things a certain way, if they don't see something they normally see...RFE

however, if you look at other postings, not too many people got RFE for signature card. But I did.....

Yes I agree with you madman.

From where to get the signature card? EAD does not have an EAD signature card?