EAD sent to wrong Service Center: Urgent Help Needed

lostingc

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 has been pending with TSC since May 2003. I am on my 2nd EAD which will be expiring end of July 2005. Our attorney filed a renewal (paper based). From the receipt notice, it looks like it went to NSC. Attorney says it was filed in TSC and TSC forwarded it to NSC after they looked at my address (currently address is Illinois). I sent all the documents on 4/15 and the attorney send me the receipt notice yesterday (dated 4/27). Has anybody heard this kind of thing before ? I am not sure if the attorney is saying the truth.

My understanding is the EAD should be sent to the center where your AOS is pending (based on what I understood from couple discussions in this forum). Is my understanding right ? The attorney thinks it should be based on where you live.

Please let me know what you all GURUS think.

It very clearly specified for renewal of EAD for pending I-485 cases [c(9)] file where I-485 is awaiting adjudication.

if you have the fedex tracking #, you can check if the EAD app was indeed sent to TSC or not

I called the attorney's office and they confirmed that they sent the application to TSC and quickly switched to an argument with me saying it should go to the center that covers the area where you live. I think they sent it to NSC. I never heard a service centre forwarding it before even opening it and everything happened within a week of 2 weeks. How is that possible ?

I don't know what to do. If it is returned within 90 days, then I have to re-file and might be out of work for sometime until I get the approval. Should I go ahead and file another by myself ?

I think as In Durham said ...it should go to where you 485 is pending. If its getting close to 90 days I would just hold off...get an interim EAD and also then file EAD at the "right" SC. If its just the start of the process (ie less than 30 days)...I would place couple quick calls to good atornies for their curbside opinion and if they agree...file another EAD renewal (make sure its legal to have TWO pending at TWO separate SC's) at the "right" SC and once you get the receipt, one can withdraw immediately the EAD filed at NSC (...this is purely personal non-legal opinion...)

Dear Friend,

Do not panic, First of all if TSC had refused to accept they would have sent u back with letter to file properly under juriduction of NSC.

What I believe it didn't happen in ur case, as u are sharing TSC accepted ur EAD appl, but foward to NSC, it shows that NSC is helping other SCs and processing somehow, or even if they are adopting some new policy to forwarding EAD to NSC due to any reason. wait for NSC reply, and keep if NSC/TSC gets ur money from ur/att bank, if 15 days gone and no reply from NSC u may refile with tSC using old address/any relative / friend address under TSC and try. usually ppl do with c/o address and I believe they do accept 'c/o' address.

Don't worry, I belive if TSC is forwarding there may be some reason, otherwise TSC would be returning ur appliction saying that 'file under NSC juridiction' so it seems this is not the case. wait and see NSC reply. don't panic, realax and wait.

Good Luck

lostingc said:
My I-485 has been pending with TSC since May 2003. I am on my 2nd EAD which will be expiring end of July 2005. Our attorney filed a renewal (paper based). From the receipt notice, it looks like it went to NSC. Attorney says it was filed in TSC and TSC forwarded it to NSC after they looked at my address (currently address is Illinois). I sent all the documents on 4/15 and the attorney send me the receipt notice yesterday (dated 4/27). Has anybody heard this kind of thing before ? I am not sure if the attorney is saying the truth.

My understanding is the EAD should be sent to the center where your AOS is pending (based on what I understood from couple discussions in this forum). Is my understanding right ? The attorney thinks it should be based on where you live.

Please let me know what you all GURUS think.

Last edited by a moderator:
fyi...I do not think filing with c/o add is a good idea...(you are better off giving your freinds add as yours in this case)
--------------------------------------------
personal non-legal opinion

Earlier I spoke to the clerk from the attorney's office who actually did everything and whatever I said is as per the discussion with the clerk. Yesterday, I received an e-maill from the attorney and as per whom, the application was returned from TSC and they re-filed with NSC. Don't know whether to believe the attorney or the office staff.

Thanks to all of you for your suggestion. As per PrinceOfJungle's suggestion, I think I will wait and see what happens. Hopefully, NSC will approve.

Dont worry, it will be fine.

I had a similar experience. Lawyer send renewal package to NSC instead of TSC. I found out about a month later. Lawyer contacted both NSC and TSC, NSC confirmed that they will transfer my case to TSC for process since my I-485 was pending in TSC that time. TSC will take the original RD date and process my case (renewal). Lawer also prepared for intrim EAD just in case. Renewal approved and card came in before old one expired.

Just prepare for intrim EAD for back up plan.

Good luck.

TSC77

What will happen to my case?

Guys,
Same thing happend to me also. My attorny sent EAD renewal documents to NSC instead of VSC. NSC took my money and issued receipt numbers also. I also noticed LUD change on my application for the last 3 days (I guess it is a RFE) What will happen to my case now? Will NSC transfer my case to VSC with the NSC receipt date or should I withdraw and refile again?

EAD Receipt Date : 6/6/2005 (from NSC)
Current EAD expires on: Sep 27 2005

Please help!

tsc77 said:
I had a similar experience. Lawyer send renewal package to NSC instead of TSC. I found out about a month later. Lawyer contacted both NSC and TSC, NSC confirmed that they will transfer my case to TSC for process since my I-485 was pending in TSC that time. TSC will take the original RD date and process my case (renewal). Lawer also prepared for intrim EAD just in case. Renewal approved and card came in before old one expired.

Just prepare for intrim EAD for back up plan.

Good luck.

TSC77