EAD sent to wrong address - cant get it back

Ali4U

Registered Users (C)
WAC-02-059-

Hi

I applied online for EAD and it was approved on 4/18. I moved on 4/1 and sent an AR-11 and called by 4/10 to let BCIS know of my new address. Well.. suprise, EAD was sent to previous address and was returned to BCIS. Called BCIS over a month ago, and they updated my address and said i should get the EAD in 1 month, if i don't, i should call them back. Well.. I called them back after one month, and they asked for my address and said i should get it in 1 month (AGAIN), if not call them back again. It's just frustrating.

What can i do to get my EAD card? My card is expired as of last month, and I'm very worried about it.

Any help, suggestion, reference would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck to all.

Ali4U said:
WAC-02-059-

Hi

I applied online for EAD and it was approved on 4/18. I moved on 4/1 and sent an AR-11 and called by 4/10 to let BCIS know of my new address.
---when you file form AR11 it does not update your address with USCIS pending applications
Well.. suprise, EAD was sent to previous address and was returned to BCIS.
--Nothing to get suprised it is supposed to resent to USCIS by postal department as you wre not on that addrees
Called BCIS over a month ago, and they updated my address and said i should get the EAD in 1 month, if i don't, i should call them back. Well.. I called them back after one month, and they asked for my address and said i should get it in 1 month (AGAIN), if not call them back again. It's just frustrating.

What can i do to get my EAD card? My card is expired as of last month, and I'm very worried about it.
------- write to sevice center with BCIS online print out that your EAD was approved and you updated the NEW address with NCSC 3 times, write your A#, DOB, Name and attach EAD filing reciept copy, send it by certified return reciept AND out side envelpoe write in BIG bold letters to Resend the Approved EAD to New address.
Any help, suggestion, reference would be greatly appreciated.
---- you can go to your senator or congressman office they will ask for your EAD to be Resend to your new address
FYI when you move you need to do the below:
1 file form AR11 for address change
2 update NCSC on 18003755283, your new address, provide them your ,WAC,EAC or LIN # of I-485 and reciept # of any pending petitions with service center, provide the receipt#, your name, DOB, A#( A# is on I-485 filing reciept)
3 write letter to service center for address change on your I-485( if you have spouse I-485 pending He/she also need to change address on her/his I-485) or any pending petition with them provide your past and NEW address, attach I-485 receipt copy, write your name, DOB, A# on cover letter. Send the letter to your service center with certified return receipt and out side the envelope write in big bold letters ATTENTION: ADDRESS CHANGE
*** do the all 1,2,3
Good luck to all.

The same s..t :( but AP for my wife.
Approved on March 30 (EAC), AR-11 sent on Feb 11. Called April 16 to update the address... then May 16... then June...
Every time they "update" it and promise to send it within a month. Still NOTHING!
I-131 ND was 10/21/2003...

Thank Ginnu

Thanks for your help. Do you know the address for BCIS where i can send the letter your recommended regarding EAD?

thanks

Ali4U said:
Thanks for your help. Do you know the address for BCIS where i can send the letter your recommended regarding EAD?

thanks
---- what is your service centre???? go to USCIS main site and serch for sevice center address. where did you sent the EAD? the same address will be on EAD filing reciept, mail it on that address. please do some work your self.

Following your advice

Ginnu

I emailed my congressman (still no reposonse) and sent the certified mails as you suggested. I guess i have to wait and see. One other thing i forgot to mention is that since the time my EAD was returned due to wrong address to BCIS, I cannot see the status online for it, as it says there are receipt number not found. I called them up and they said they will look into it and wait 1 month.. ahhahaha.. somehow, i dont believe them.

Do you know that if necessary, I can go to my service center (SFO) and ask for an inerim EAD? I'm worried becuase my EAD is expired and i will have my review at work soon, and scared if HR realizes that I have an expired work permit.

thanks alot.

Ali4U said:
Ginnu

I emailed my congressman (still no reposonse)
--- Dear you seem to be lazy person why cant you go to congressman or senator office???? It is YOUR need and not need of Congressman or Senator

and sent the certified mails as you suggested. I guess i have to wait and see. One other thing i forgot to mention is that since the time my EAD was returned due to wrong address to BCIS, I cannot see the status online for it, as it says there are receipt number not found. I called them up and they said they will look into it and wait 1 month.. ahhahaha.. somehow, i dont believe them.
-----it happens with BCIS online many times, try the phone at night time and check if it also does not show any info.
Do you know that if necessary, I can go to my service center (SFO) and ask for an inerim EAD?
---what is the harm if you go???
I'm worried becuase my EAD is expired and i will have my review at work soon, and scared if HR realizes that I have an expired work permit.
----- you need Valid EAD or valid H1 for work.
** it is your mistake that you did not updated new address timely with USCIS
thanks alot.

ginnu

I thought i did update my address on time. BCIS recieved AR-11 and phone call to notify them of address change a week before my EAD was even approved.

Anyhow.. It's too late to cry about it. I applied for another one (replacement/lost category) yesterday.

thanks