EAD RFE for wife

nikbuds

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

i had sent ead renewal for my wife(who was on H4) and myself....both pending I485 cases....at TSC.

my wifes came back..with a reason

"Your TPS registration application package was filed without the I-821 or an I-765 application. Submit a completed I-821 and I-765 application. The I-765 requires a fee of $120 if you are requesting a EAD"

Now both our applications were filled the same way..everything seems to be in place....

However for her application I had signed the check with my name...is that a problem ?

Also, I had sent a I-140 approval notice with my application, but my wife never had one ?

heres what we had sent for both:
1) check for $120.00
2) Form I-765
3) 2 photographs
4) I-94 front and back
5) Previous EAD copy ( front and back)
6)I485 reciept notice
7) previous EAD apprival notice
8) EAD Mailer stub
9) Marriage Certificate.

I checked the I-765 form and it looks just fine...same as the first time we had applied...except that this time we had filled it out ourselves.

any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

ps: does the EAD rejection affect the 485 processing..in case we dont wanna apply for it again ?

TPS is temporary protected status- for people who are seeking assylum. What does the online status say? Same thing?
You need to call the national BCIS number first and explain that there has been a mistake and your spouse's case has been mistaken with a TPS case.
You need to send a letter with copy of all the docs you already sent + EAD receipt copy to BCIS (quote I485 receipt number and Alien number in every document in bold and highlighted) and ask them to fix the problem.
90 day from EAD receipt you can walk into to a district or sub office and get an interim EAD.