EAD RFE, and other questions.

jatt5abda

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys how are we all doing.

My EAD/AP was applied to the VSC and the dates issued to the case was April 6th.
They updated the case on July 29th, stating that additional information request has been sent (for both, my wife and I). Now that pretty much means that this is an RFE case. In my situation this SUX for me as my Labor was screwed as well due to RFE and re-advertising. Friggin application was applied in Aug 2001. OK sorry for the ranting....just a bit frustated right now.

I had the following questions -
1) Will this have ANY kind of affect on the processing of my I-140?
2) Usually how serious are EAD/AP rfe's and how long has it been taking for it to be resolved. Once the lawyer sends them the information does it go back into the 60-90 day queue???
3) Is there any correlation between the fact that my labor was in RFE, therefore the EAD is automatically becomes a potential suspect?
4) Why in the world would these NITWITS wait for 113 days and then put my case in RFE? :confused:

I am just wondering if there is anything to do with my lawyers not following up with USCIS etc etc.

I would be extremely grateful if you could share your experiences with me on this issue. **SIGH** sometimes I wonder if all this is even worth it at the end of it.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are my 2 cents:

My EAD/AP was applied to the VSC and the dates issued to the case was April 6th.
They updated the case on July 29th, stating that additional information request has been sent (for both, my wife and I). Now that pretty much means that this is an RFE case. In my situation this SUX for me as my Labor was screwed as well due to RFE and re-advertising. Friggin application was applied in Aug 2001. OK sorry for the ranting....just a bit frustated right now.

----- I don't expect that.

2) Usually how serious are EAD/AP rfe's and how long has it been taking for it to be resolved. Once the lawyer sends them the information does it go back into the 60-90 day queue???
----- Generally they are fairly simple as very big signatures or missing or incorrect photos. Sometimes for AP they ask for proof of being in status since last entry. In most of the cases you get the response within couple of weeks of sending in the reply. But you know USCIS. No one can predict anything about them.

3) Is there any correlation between the fact that my labor was in RFE, therefore the EAD is automatically becomes a potential suspect?
----- I don't think so.

4) Why in the world would these NITWITS wait for 113 days and then put my case in RFE?

I am just wondering if there is anything to do with my lawyers not following up with USCIS etc etc.

I would be extremely grateful if you could share your experiences with me on this issue. **SIGH** sometimes I wonder if all this is even worth it at the end of it.

jatt5abda said:

4) Why in the world would these NITWITS wait for 113 days and then put my case in RFE? :confused:

if you can change your lawyer

jatt5abda said:
----- Sardar saheb or Jatt punjab deya or Jatt Day Puttar read below:
They updated the case on July 29th, stating that additional information request has been sent (for both, my wife and I).
------ you did not post if this info is related to I-140?? if the RFE is related to I-140 then till your lawyer did not reply RFE or provide info what they asked they are not going to approve EAD or AP becase all depends on I-140 and I-140 is the base of I-485 and EAD, AP are based on I-485
Now that pretty much means that this is an RFE case. In my situation this SUX for me as my Labor was screwed as well due to RFE and re-advertising. Friggin application was applied in Aug 2001. OK sorry for the ranting....just a bit frustated right now.

-----may be, if they find that I-140 is not approvable all depends what they asked in RFE and how your lawyer argue the RFE
------- you are not clear if the RFE is for I-140 or just for EAD AP, if it is NOT for I-140 then they may approve EAD AP if the RFE is for EAD AP after they accept the RFE
----- I dont think it has to do with LC , I suspect it is I-140
------ Jatta gusa na kar sab day naal ehi hoo riha hai

I would be extremely grateful if you could share your experiences with me on this issue. **SIGH**
--- aisa sard bharan main houkka, toot jawan meray beeday vay :D ( Shiv Kumar Batalvi)
sometimes I wonder if all this is even worth it at the end of it.
------ Do you mean, “so much climbing to reach such a negligible height?”

Okay guys,
I just heard from my lawyer today and its nothing too serious.
Basically the RFE is not on my EAD, but on the I-131 applications. They need CLEAR, COLOR copies of me and my wife's passport and drivers licenses. Initially i had sent B/W copies...but the lawyer never told me that color copies were needed.

Anyways, for all those who are sending in EAD/AP applications, make sure that you send in color copies and they should be clear/visible.

Ginnu sahib, i've not come across too many people who can quote the great Shiv Kumar Batalvi at will - but as I was saing sorry about the ranting -

Gumma di raat lammi hai eh jaan mere geet lamme ne
na bhaidi raat mukdi hai ne mere geet mukde ne ....

Thanks for your help.