EAD Returned

VERA

Registered Users (C)
My EAD is approved and mail got returned in September. Right now I am on H1-B Visa. My H1 is expiring on December 17th. To continue my work I need to have my EAD but unfortunately it was returned.

I did not change my address, so I informed my lawyer she talked to BCIS last month and after that she sent one written statement to BCIS about the returned EAD but still I did not get that card.

Can I able to continue my work with out EAD card since it has been approved?

What should I do to continue my work? Please advise me!

Thanks in advance.

After 90 days u can apply for a temp EAD at local office

90 days after RD of EAD Application.

Thank you OmGV, I knew that we can apply for temp. EAD after 90 days of RD but in my case the EAD has approved but returned. Do you think temp. EAD applies to my situation?

Whether you can work or not really depends on your employer. Some employer demands an actual card, some don't. I would think you definitely will get your EAD card, what you may need to work out now is to convince your employer that you're approved to work and that they can let you work. Best thing is you may show them some proofs that you're really approved.

By the way, as far as I know, local BCIS centers won't issue an interim EAD for an already approved EAD.

VERA, my case was slightly different. My card was lost in the mail. so I went to local office and told them the story. The lady was not co-operative at all and said that she can't do anything as it has already been approved and I should have got the card. On top of that, she was cheeky enough to say that someone else living at my address got it. :rolleyes: :mad: Anyways, that kind of behaviour didn't surprise me too much! I requested an inquiry to BCIS through the 800 toll free number and BCIS replied saying that I should apply for replacement of EAD by filing the application once again. I did that by speding an additional $130 :mad: and thankfully, I got the card in 4 weeks. With the current state of processing delays, I dont know how long it will take though!!

What einuj somar said is very true. It all depends on your company HR.

In your case, since it has been returned, may be the local office can request BCIS service center to resend it. Just guessing here.

But I would suggest you go and check with your local office. May be it was my luck that I got a nutty woman!! :) Hope this info helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
CoasterRide, I really appreciate you for sharing your experience and suggestion. Currently I am staying at Rochester, NY for FP I went to Buffalo. Which INS office I should go? Any idea?