EAD Renewal

cmr

Registered Users (C)
Well, it's that time of the year again!! I am going to apply for my 3rd EAD today. I've decided to do it myself this time and had a question about some of the supporting documents. I came acroos a post in the EAD issues forum that NSC is now asking for the color copies of DL and PP. Is this true, I definitely dont remember sending these last time. Also, are there any additional documents that NSC is asking for to approve EAD renewals?

Also one last question, for the last question(eligibility category) on the form, I am assuming it is (c)(9) for all the AOS applicants. Hope I am not wrong.

Any inputs highly appreciated, thanks for your time.

cmr

RD 12/11/01
ND 12/14/01
1st EAD 1/7/02
1st FP 4/23/02
2nd EAD /1/7/03
RFE 7/11/03
Response received 7/30/03
2nd FP 9/12/03
3rd EAD applying - in a day or two

.....this list is increasing by the day!!

Also, who should the check be made out to? INS, BCIS, USCIS.......???

cmr

I recently filed for my wife's 3rd EAD ..

1. Made check payable to BCIS .. they still accept checks made out to INS.

2. C9 is the right category

3. We did not send any color copies. But I sent copies of : all her previous EADs, her passport first page, her FP notice copy (she did not receive her I485 receipt)

If they ask in an RFE about color copies, I am planningon sending them at that time.

I sent color copy of my DL. Local printing

shop declined to make a copy. Nowadays there are more color copiers than black and white so the old rule on color copy should not apply. In offices they make color copies of driver licences for records. Actually I used color copies when I filed for 485. So, it doesn't hurt to have as many color copies as possible if you can easily have them made. May save some time for unnecessary resubmiting.

I got RFE for AP and EAD for COlor copies in June this year...

So when I did my Wife's EAd renewal, I sent color copies of passport,I-94,Driver's License,prev EAD card.
We lost the previous EAD cover letter which says to add to speed up renewal. EAD still got approved in about 2 months.

And the best part was..her first EAD is expiring on Dec 4 2003 and this new EAD which we already got 2 weeks back is valid from dec 4 2003 to dec 4 2004. SO no wastage of EAD time though applied early.

(I am not sure of above is common but my understanding was the validity is from the date of approval)..

Parshu

richlee168, show the RFE to the copier guy.. point out to him thats its from the BCIS and Homelnad security Dept.

I had this issue once in Austin, Texas. The guy at the local Kinkos asked a lot of questions why I needed a color copier.