EAd renewal

binram

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for renewal on 15/04(RD).
My current one was expiried on 06/05.
I have been working since today.and also I got my paystubs for May .
Now I came to know that It's not legal to work without valid EAD card.
What can i do know?Is it o.k If I stop working now?
Please give some advise guys?

Thanks

Thanks for the advise.But I already got the pay stubs for may.I can stop getting it from now.But I am worring about last month pay stubs.Is there any way ?

Its a paid vacation

yours dates on the top are very confusing. Based on the first line i guess u'r EAD expired May 6th.

If this is true. u can show the next four weeks as a paid vacation. I dont know what paperwork is needed, but i am pretty sure u can take a paid vacation after EAD expiry.

Hi,
My ead expired on jun3, got renewed on jun 7th. there is a gap of 3 days. Should I ask my employer to remove me off payrole for those 3 days.
Am i now eligible to continue work ,since I got my renewal a
application approved.(I have not received my plastic card yet.)
Can somebody help

Yes it is better to be cleaner when you can fix it. Take a priint out of the online approval and use that to rejoin company.

guys, I am also in the same situation. My EAD expiring on Jun 25, and i applied on May 29. I had applied for EAD on Apr 28, but my lawyer by mistake applied at TSC. Then it took one month for transfer of my case from TSC to VSC. In the meantime, i applied e-file I765, on May 29. But I have my H1 valid till Juky 20. But my wife is working on EAD. When I asked my lawyer, he said she can continue working. He said he will give a letter, which my wife should give it to her company. He is a good lawyer and American, and he goes by law. In the mean time I am planning to apply for my H1 extension around 25 june, to be on the safer side.

Thsi is my story

How can your wife work if she does not have her EAD renewed? Just curious as my wife is in the same situation..

Did u get any special letter from your lawyer

yes, whatever he gives. he said he will give me letter.

Just now i posted a forum question from Mrthy chat and her answer to that. read it.

Hi laput,

I am also in the same situtaion. Could you please forward the letter of your attorney so that i can talk to my attorney and tell him to provide a similar letter.

He has informed me that once EAD expires, I should stop working. Probably he is not aware of the law what your attorney thinks. Could you also let us know what is the exact law or probably a reference to the BCIS site explaning such a scenario.

Your help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joyin55