EAD Renewal

Onleewords

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

My EAD exipired in Feb 2003 .I did not apply another one in the hope of getting my GC.I never used my EAD as i am still with the same company on H1(valid till 1 st Aug 2003).Please advice should i apply for EAD for safe side.My company lawyer applied my EAD earlier but i have to do it on my own now.What documents do i need to apply an EAD? Does it matter if my previous EAD has already expired?Please guide me.

Thanks for your time and valuable advice

RD: 11/02/2001
ND: 12/05/2001
FP: May 2002

Some more advice

Can somebody help me with the procedure of renewing an EAD if previous one has already expired

Re

According to Law you cannot work unless your petition is approved and get your Card. Approval notice is not just
enough to continue employment. This is according to my
law office.

I would suggest that you wait for another month before giving away money to BCIS. Hopefully your GC will be approved by then. Since you are so close to GC approval and there are no lay-off threats(at least your post does not mention anything) you should be able to hang in there comfortably for another month or so. Apply for EAD and AP towards the end of this month(April) so that your renewal comes by the time your H1B expires in Aug. Just my $0.02.

Yes, its a close call. But then $230.00(+ another $230.00 for the missus)is a lot of money.

Previous EAD expiring matters only if the EAD was ever 'used'. Since in your case you were on H1B all the while I don't think it matters.

Use the money you saved to throw a party when your I485 approval comes along.