EAD Renewal?

spouse

Registered Users (C)
I am plannig to renew my EAD soon, Do i need to send recent photos or do they use the old photos that they had? what are all other docs needed? please anybody advise. Fyi.....My EAD is expiring 05/16/03, can send a renewal application in DECEMBER?

these are the documents i sent to INS for my EAD renewal....
1 2 photos which fits INS requirement with A# and name written with pencil on back.
2. A check $120.00 for I-765 renewal fee.
3. Original Form I-797 D (from last EAD)
4. I -765 Renewal Application
5. A copy of last EAD(front and back)
6. A copy of Form I-94 Departure Record(front and back)
7. A copy of I-485 Receipt Notice
8. A copy of last I-765 Receipt Notice
9. Marriage Cetificate for secondary applicant.

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-765.pdf

Make sure with your attorney if you need anything else... Follow this link and you have clear instructions....
Yes you need latest photos.
Apply atleast 3 months before 4 months before is the best bet. Since it is taking long time to process EAD's apply ASAP.

PS

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, very correct Mr. PrasadS.
Don't forget to include "Marriage certificate" with spouse application.
Also i would be good if you include copy of passport page having photo.

I am also applying for my EAD and AP renewals which are expiring in june and March, 03 respectively.

Thanks

Hi Silly Man

we receive I-797D with EAD card.
The upper portion of this form is needed for renewal of EAD.

PrasadS is talking about that.

So its equally good if you send a copy of entire I-797D (both sides). Everything will be there then.

Thanks GCLenahai, when I get back home, I will check that out.

And thanks prasad for such a comprehensive list.

I don't have I 797-D

Hi,
looks like i don't have I 797-D which came along with EAD. Is there any problem? please advise immideately

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
please tell me following info:

1. Is there any specific order in which I should place my doc of I-765 application before sending them to INS.

2. Which mail I should use?( FedEx overnight, simple mail...or any sepecific..mail)

3. My I-485 is pending with CSC. So I need to send my i-765 to CSC. Whats the CSC address?

thanks

1. Is there any specific order in which I should place my doc of I-765 application before sending them to INS.
Frankly order doesn't matter. I suggest you keep the check list and place the documents in the checklist order.

2. Which mail I should use?( FedEx overnight, simple mail...or any sepecific..mail)
Since it is a post box no. I don't think you can use Fedex,UPS or AirBorne. I sent thru USPS.

3. My I-485 is pending with CSC. So I need to send my i-765 to CSC. Whats the CSC address?
Follow this document go thru instruction and you will find the required info. http://www.ins.gov/graphics/formsfe...files/i-765.pdf

-PS

spouse application??

darn! i dont know what it is!! I sent mine and my wifes EAD renewal applications without the marriage certificate.. now what do I do??

- Rajesh

EAD question

Hi friends,

My EAD is expiring on 04/05/03.. I had the following questions:

1. Can I apply for EAD renewal on my own. Is it simple ?
2. I belive I need to send form I-797 (from last EAD). It it true ?
3. I have changed my address after I got my EAD & had also sent them change of address form. I need to know which address do I put for my EAD extension now since my I-797 has old address. Will there be a problem since I changed address
4. I dont know how much time is it taking for renewal but am I safe if mine is expiring in April 1st week.
5. I live in Sunnyvale in CA. Does anybody know any place where I can get the INS type photo done around this area.

I would appreciate any response.

Thanks a lot

Rahul_need_help

Prasad,

Did you use USPS Express mail or Priority Mail? Did you include "Return Receipt" with the mail?

Thanks in advance