RD Jul 16 2001
ND Aug 29 2001
EAD Sep 19 2001
FP Mar 26 2002
AD Have no clue

The problem is that my EAD is expiring on Sep 19 2002
and most people tell me it is better to get it renewed
but is there a timelimit as to how many days before expiry
I should apply for the EAD renewal, can I wait till maybe 30 days befroe expiry, maybe hopefully I might get approved by then.
and most important I am using the EAD for working
but my family (wife and 2 kids) are not working
so should I renew only my EAD or should I renew everyones EAD
keep in mind including lawyers fee
the total could be between $800.00 to $1000.00

any advise will be greatly appreciated

ss01

yes I spoke to IIO end of may and she told me case was assigned to officer,but she could not give me a estimated date, reason being additional security checks.

Wait for a month

Normally EAD renewal takes less that a month. But to be on the safer side wait for a month. You can apply 3 months in advance of the current EAD expiration. If your case has been truly assigned to an officer you should see a decision in a month. Plus you don;t need the lawyer for EAD you can file for extension yrself its pretty easy.

read my Discussion ...you can file by your self ..its damn simple fillable form.

paraj "EAD Renewal -- what documents we need ?" 6/10/02 11:24am

485runner

Thanks a ton for the advise,
but the question still remains,
Do we have to apply 90 days before expiry or not???

please advise

garla

Thanks garla
that was a pretty comprehensive discussion, and basically covered all aspects of EAD renewal, was very informative,

Its a real wonder to see so many people from so different cultures, beliefs, countries and professions, going out of their ways to advise and guide and help others.

God bless you all.

How long is the renewel valid? 1 year from issue or 1 year from expiration of first one?

How long is the renewel valid? 1 year from issue or 1 year from expiration of first one?

No Title

My RD is July 2 and EAD expiry date is 22-August. MY company told me that I shud renew it 90 days before expiry date. They mailed all the forms to me on May 19th. The day I was supposed to mail my documents I heard on AVM that I was issued a RFE so I called my lawyer and on his advice I am holding on to it. I am hoping under no circumstances my case will stretch beyond end-July.

YOu have to have either H1 or EAD to work. Otherwise your employer cannot continue you. Our company is strict in this matter. I advice you at the most you can wait 60 days prior to expiry. DO not wait after that.

You can apply for EAD extension yourself. EAd form is the simplest of all (one page where yo have to enter very basic info such as name, address, SSN , last entry date etc). In many cases extension of EAD application triggers your case because they have to open your file and you may be approved fast. This experience was shared by many users of this form.

Your card clearly says that

The Validity of EAD card is printed on EAD card itself such as
"Card valid from 01/05/2002 to 01/04/2003".
It is one year from issue date

taurus02

yep I think that would be the best bet

so I am going to keep my fingers crossed and wait till July 16
which by the way is also my RD it will be exactly 365 days.
and then if not approved by then will apply for renewal of EAD.

Thanks taurus02

I meant to renew? Is renewl applied 90 days before expirtion & renewel is approved in two weeks.

Good question

wxyz2001 - 03:36pm Jun 12, 2002 EST (4.1.1)

I meant to renew? Is renewl applied 90 days before expirtion & renewel is approved in two weeks. Renewel comes valid for 1 year from original ???

so if my EAD is expiring Sep 19 2002
I apply for renewal Jul 16 2002
and EAD is issued say in 30 days on Aug 16 2002
is it valid till Sep 19 2003
or till Aug 16 2002
any takers