EAD Renewal

Nisha1

Hi Friends,

Please help me .

I hav EAD on L2 Visa. My EAD, VISA, I-94 all will expire in DEC 2011.

We r applying for Visa extension in US only.

Do i need to apply for EAD renewal once after Visa Extension?
Do i need I-94 for my EAD renewal?
What are the Documents & Fees required for EAD renewal?

Thanks

Hi Friends,

In the past I had applied for my EAD renewal through my lawyer. This time I am thinking of doing it myself. Can someone guide me as to which address the forms have to be sent to, and also whether I should send them a Money order or Cashiers check. Being in Chicago, I come under Nebraska.

Is there anything important I needd to know while filing for my EAD renewal.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Hi,

I am filing for renewal of my EAD based on my I-485 (Awaiting adjustment of status). The filing fees as per their website is US 380. Do we have to them them the payment by Personal Check / Bankers Check or Money Order.

Kindly advice.

Hi,

I am filing for renewal of my EAD based on my I-485 (Awaiting adjustment of status). The filing fees as per their website is US 380. Do we have to them them the payment by Personal Check / Bankers Check or Money Order.

Kindly advice.

Sampath,

Did you file your I-485 on or after 07/30/2007, or before that date?

If on or after, then the fee is $0 (zero) - no fee required. But if you filed the 485 before that date, then the fee is $380 as you mention, and can be paid by a personal check (on a US bank).

Make sure to read the I-765 instructions very carefully from the USCIS website; ensure you write the check in the correct name, and ensure you attach the correct documentation (including 485 copy).

Last edited by a moderator:
I need your help and guidance for the following numbers in the form.

14. Last year my attorney had typed H1B (whereas I had entered on B2)..should I change it to B2 now?

15. In the form it was typed as ADJUSTMENT APPLICATION. In the online form, I do not find this in the drop down menu?

Thanks

Sampath

For 14, write whatever the correct thing is, regardless of what your attorney wrote last time. Don't repeat the attorney's error.
For 15, write AOS pending.